• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stupid Race Sticker Question

Doorkicker

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
A bit of a silly question, but I want to put some stickers (like the ones you get from COMPCams, Holley, Wilwood, etc.) on the passenger window of my car but I want to be able to remove them and reapply them for car shows, races, etc.

I was looking at clear vinyl with a temporary adhesive as a form of backing for the sticker, but wasn't sure this was the typical approach.

What do you guys do?

for my autocross car, I got some magnetic advertising material people use on car doors and stuck the stickers to it, then cut them out. Got it at a sign shop

‘Cause nothing attracts chicks like race stickers and a mullet !!

1706204892466.gif

No advertising decals on my cars, but all over the tool box, fridge, cabinets and garage door is okay

20230622_205025.jpg

20161104_213833 (004).jpg

100_1684.jpg

rsz_20161104_213725_004.jpg

20210320_161540.jpg

Stickers on anything but a real racecar Is just asking for snickers!

for my autocross car, I got some magnetic advertising material people use on car doors and stuck the stickers to it, then cut them out. Got it at a sign shop
I also did this sticker on magnet sheet approach. I only race occasionally, but wanted to have an assortment of stickers for some parts that I installed on the car. It worked fine for a larger 10"x14" size, but when I placed 5 on the front side fenders, 2 blew off at speed. I thought they were sticking well with good magnet force and had no issue around town. I guess the air flow lifted them off.

I was looking at clear vinyl with a temporary adhesive as a form of backing for the sticker, but wasn't sure this was the typical approach.
You can get low-adhesive on vinyl stickers made, but you would need to order minimum quantities of each sticker, and to be honest, they eventually do stick so well that removal becomes difficult.

Magnetic may be the better option. Or permanent stickers that you pick up at swap meets or online.

The lowest minimum quantity stickers I had made here was like 40, as it was the smallest full sheet to print on. Normally a Print Shop prefers to make 100 minimum. The cost is in the setup and artwork.

I also did this sticker on magnet sheet approach. I only race occasionally, but wanted to have an assortment of stickers for some parts that I installed on the car. It worked fine for a larger 10"x14" size, but when I placed 5 on the front side fenders, 2 blew off at speed. I thought they were sticking well with good magnet force and had no issue around town. I guess the air flow lifted them off.
They make different material. I bought the thicker of the the two choices available. Autocross is supposed to be 45mph or less, but I have gone 60 without them coming off.

Some of those cost you a small fortune I'll bet. :poke:
Yes, I spend 25K to 50K a week, sometimes over a 100K easily a week on race parts. I guess the decals are a small perk of all those parts.....lol.

I can't STAND stickers, On anything. It's like graffiti, just clutters up the place.

I have a suspicion that you're good at playing Tertris.

Impressive use of your space :thumbsup:
Nope, haven't played in dozens of years. Lol. Have to be organized when I have like 5 parts cars worth of parts. The upstairs attic is all the big stuff like, hoods, fenders, doors, deckids, glass, seats etc.

Usually you'll need the contingency sticker/s
that they hand out at the track, at the event for participants
to get the actual contingency $$$, at that race usually,
sponsors are sticklers about that
unless they happen to be the exact same stickers, already

I don't know about other sanctioning bodies or areas
but they check them here division 7,
especially at division & points races
stickers vary, & you need to run that company's parts
to get the $$$

at lil' obscure-podunk 'bracket races' it may not make any differences
what sticker as long as you have the contingency sponsors' stickers

I just put them on the car beginning of the year/season
& left them, never really liked them on a street car
keeps them guessing

I was really selective of who's stickers I put on my cars
not much of the cars was steel, to use magnetic sheets,
but if it was the steel, quarters fenders hood trunk etc.
Lexan window, scratch easily too
the magnetic sheets like those mentioned above should work

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back