• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird Nose Seal

Stucat

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Good morning all. My question is which way does the seal between the nose and fender go. There is a thick side and a thin side. I have seen it both ways. Looking at pics of my car before i took the nose off it was with the thick side out. I have owned my car for like 27 years. It was worked on by the previous owner in the late 80'S. thanks for all the info and help.

Only the thin lip goes between fender and nose the wide portion is IN the nose..
superbirdfullpaintdassembly4 187.jpg

Note that there is an entire thread here of mine coming apart and going back together.. as well as getting ready for Talladega where the nose came off and went back on as well, as the seal was backwards on mine and I wanted it correct before going.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

Talladega or Bust - 1970 Super Bird Cleanup

Last edited:
The seal for the Superbird and Daytona are the same. On the Superbird the thin lip as @dadsbee said and on the Daytona the thick lip is between the nose and fenders.

Auto Transport Service
Back