• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbrightleds ??

65-440

Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
What's the scoop on these guys ? Good products or Chinese crap ? I'm on the fence with doing all led lights on the exterior. I was going to use philips vision leds but they don't have the tag bulbs or side markers ( 68 coronet ), plus I don't think their design will work well in our old non reflective lamp housings. The bulbs over at superbrightsleds.com look like they project to the sides and the rear, kinda like an incandescent bulb does, but they also look like the cheap eBay bulbs ! I just don't want to buy cheapo quality bulbs and have to keep replacing them !

What's the scoop on these guys ? Good products or Chinese crap ? I'm on the fence with doing all led lights on the exterior. I was going to use philips vision leds but they don't have the tag bulbs or side markers ( 68 coronet ), plus I don't think their design will work well in our old non reflective lamp housings. The bulbs over at superbrightsleds.com look like they project to the sides and the rear, kinda like an incandescent bulb does, but they also look like the cheap eBay bulbs ! I just don't want to buy cheapo quality bulbs and have to keep replacing them !
I have the entire lighting system on my car done with the LED's they sell and I'm really pleased. They use Cree emitters which are about the best there is. Choose wisely as there are different bulbs for different applications and in most cases you can use the oversized bulbs in place of the standard incandescent ones. Dimensions are give on their sight. These give off tremendous illumination and come in colors to match the reflectors for front parking, rear brake and running lights as well as backup lights. I've also replaced all of my dash and console lights with their offerings. You won't be disappointed.

They work well. Used a few of their products. I still try to use USA stuff, when available.

I have them installed in my interior (dash courtesy, both sides console and dome) and they work very well. The only issue I found is that the bulb glass is very this so be careful on the push and twist is a tight socket or it will break.

I used one of their dome lights in my 1955 Plymouth and that thing is bright.
Plaza LED Dome Light (2).jpg

I have them installed in my interior (dash courtesy, both sides console and dome) and they work very well. The only issue I found is that the bulb glass is very this so be careful on the push and twist is a tight socket or it will break.
They don't use glass in most of their products.

Auto Transport Service
Back