• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspension Build Sheet - Sharing for others to use...

Malicious

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

After getting a ridiculous postage price from PST ($180 for rear hangers, hanger reinforcement plates and ball joint removal tool!!!!) I thought I'd better tackle my suspension as smartly as possible. I've got a limited budget and I need to prioritize my spend on whats needed now (or has to be done now), mix and match performance with replacement and try to consolidate as much of my purchases with one vendor as possible to save cash on postage.

So, I've built a spread sheet that covers most of the vendors and the suspension products in a way that I can switch products on and off and work out what the build is going to cost and allow me to see what every one has and at what price, so I can consolidate my purchases.

**** - yes, time consuming to build - heck yes, but hopefully it will save me time (waiting on parts that I've forgotten etc) and money (through postage consolidation and $mart shopping).

Anyway, I thought I would share in hope that someone else might get some use out of it.

How to use it:

It's broken up into sections each with it's own total;
Hotchkis Kits at the top
Sway Bars
Front Suspension (incs pitman & idler arms)
Rear Suspension
Steering
Grand total

There are 10 columns, some you could possible ignore and some that aren't entirely filled out. They are:
On/ Off - This allows you to switch on or off the product, 0 - off. 1 - on. If it's on, it will add that product to the total for that area and the grand total. This is so you can mix-n-match products.

Product - Name, with basic info, kits have contents listed.

Part Number - Please note most don't have part numbers, it was a late addition. Not that important as the name description is enough to find the product.

Supplier

Priority
- this is just a reference at the moment, use it however you want. Might try to build a formula that gives separate totals later...

Cost
- As advertised in vendors currency - 98% USD

Conversion
- Here I have put in a currency conversion for people outside of USA. All USA suppliers currently have this listed as 0.9 ($1 AUD buying $0.90 USD). Enter your currency rate in here. If your in USA, change to 1. The only Australian supplier listed (Pentastar AU) is currently 1, just ignore them if your outside of Australia, too expensive to consider, plus killer postage.

Cost in AUD - This column is only filled if the product is turned on. This price is also converted via the exchange rate listed, so pleae make sure you make the exchange rate correct.

Notes / Offers - As it says, lists offers and notes such as style hung on the rear sway bars and discount exemptions

URL - Mostly blank, used occasionally for reference.

You can also filter/hide using the drop downs on the top of each column. These would be most useful on the 'On/off' & 'supplier' columns.

Some notes, NO SHIPPING is included, alot of USA suppliers ship to USA for free (lucky so-n-so's) so it might be worth investigating. This doesn't compare quality of products, warrenties OR quality of service etc. Use this as a start point and do your own investigating from there.

Also, this is based on searches for 68 Dodge Coronet - some products may vary...

If your a Vendor, this info is also gold, free market research. I'm happy to accept payment in the form of discounts! haha

Download from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/89vwyzy7bybkgdh/Coronet Sus Buildsheet.xlsx

Cheers!

That's Awesome,
I'm sure that allot of hard work went into it.
Thanks for sharing

No problems guys, Glad it came in useful for you.

By the way, I'm going to update it a little later today. Fixed a couple of typo's and added another column for a second option. Makes it a bit easier to make a decision on one of two directions.

I'll post up once its updated.

Auto Transport Service
Back