• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sway bar install help

Paul73

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
I am installing the sway bar in my 69 roadrunner. I bought the bushings from rock auto which are energy suspension polyurethane bushings. The kit came with these adapter plates to mount the bushings in but they don’t line up at all… the bar seems likes it’s two far forward and I lined the plate on the k member exactly where the instructions told me to. not sure if the kit is wrong or I did something wrong. Also two side notes. A- I did not remove the sway bar. It was stuffed in the trunk when I got the car, I am just installing it so it handles a little bit less like an elephant on stilts and B- I did install new end links front the same manufacturer, not sure if that makes a difference. Was I supposed to install the bushings then the end links? Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

Are you sure you have the bracket mounted properly? It looks like mine. Here is a pic of how mine mounted. Maybe your bar is not the correct one.

100_7623.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back