• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail Light fitting

dutch-moparman

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi there
Wonder if the Tail Lights of a 1969 RoadRunner will fit my 1969 Sport Satellite. Or do I need other Fender Extensions?

They will fit just fine,they just won't be factory correct for the Sport Satellite.No different extensions needed.I just went out and checked on some spares I have out in the shop.Love the 69 Sport Satellites!My first car that I have owned since '77.Doing a rotissourie restoration on her right now.

If you dont have any tail lights I would look for the correct Sport Satellite/GTX ones. I think they are better looking, just my opinion though.

tailzz

Yes guys, I know... the Sport satellite sure is a nice car. But I've always dreamed of owning a RoadRunner. Since the prices ar up here in Europe, it was not possible to get me one of these.
Trading 5 mopars got me a Satellite. It was already partly cloned to a RR, but had the original Tail lights and grille.
For someone who knows Mopar, there were also some other things that did not match a genuine RR.
Started changing the steeringwheel and deleted the chrome rim on the dash. Now I found some RR Tail Lights. They fit but there is a small gap between the extnsions and the Tail Light housing. Must be missing a gasket I think. Therefore I posted this Thread, just to be sure.
It is a 69 RR tribute:notworthy: with a late 440 ci engine. Other cam and 10:1 compression. Also a set of headers and a six-pack. I removed it to put a Demon Carb with a Holley Street Dominator intake on it. Could not get the Six-Pack working as it should. HC and CO was very high. First wanted to drive it a while, and in the winter time I probably fix the 6pck.
Also has a Hurst 4 on the floor and a 8 3/4 posi.
Nice ride... but no.. not a Sport Sat anymore.. sorry!
Kinderst regards from Holland
Marc

Auto Transport Service
Back