• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talk about bad luck

Registration fees were getting pretty high here so they reduced them but raises the prices on trailers. Now all light trucks, cars and trailers about pretty much the same price but for the trailers, the price goes up with the weight capacity. My flat bed car hauler used to about 14 bucks with a 1000 lb capacity but that was a lot of years ago. The cars used to be cheap but a pickup was more expensive with a 3/4 ton being a lot more expensive. Both of my Dakotas are 75.50 but my diesel is 78.75 per year. Registration is actually 51.75 with a 'local fee' of 11.50 and state inspection is 7.50 and process and handling is 4.75 on the diesel and 3.50 cheaper for each Dakota. Makes sense? Nope. All are more than 25 years old now.....wonder if I can register them as classics :D

I have my Green Challenger registered here, about $200 every year, It's exempt from smog.... A mid 80's Toyota P/U that rarely gets driven but is handy when you need a truck, about $200 every year & has to be smogged every two years @ a $60 cost... It was driven less than 700 miles in two years but always passes smog which is why I keep it around.... I'd consider an American truck but I had a smog license long enough to know every two years I'd have to work on the damn thing to pass smog.. And my 2010 Honda daily driver is the same deal accept it costs $250 + Smog every two years...

Auto Transport Service
Back