• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALK ABOUT QUICK

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
I purchased this 1973 Roadrunner from the original owner who had ordered it specifically to street race. Claimed he won a lot of races back in the day. Did some mods to the engine to crank it up a little. When I asked him what mods were done, he asked if I planned to tear the motor down. When I informed him I was, he told me, "When you open her up you'll see what I did".

Sorry, got side tracked for a second. Anyway, I just noticed that the fender tag has the car being made on May 23, 1973 and it looks like it was in the owners hands on May 25, 1973

TALK ABOUT QUICK

100_8009.JPG
IMG_5481.jpg

Have you had time to check out what mods were done to the engine? Small or big block?

Neat car good colors, 4 speed, axle package, tachometer, max cooling, chrome tips. Fun times.

The fender tag and broadcast sheet date is the “scheduled production date”. Not necessarily the actual day the car was built.

Have you had time to check out what mods were done to the engine? Small or big block?

No, the car is next in line for restoration and is currently sitting in a trailer patiently waiting for it's turn. Have not done anything to the car except pull the mouse house carpet and pressure wash the inside. Small block, 340.

Awesome RR. With stock VC's Manifolds and breathers, I can't think what could have possibly been done to the motor besides maybe a purple shaft.

The thing labeled CARB on the firewall is bizarre, never seen that.

It is this. Both the car have it. Both were bypassed.

IMG_5484.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg

You will love that 340, i have 340 auto, max cool with AC and auto trans and 3.55 gears, and every time i take someone for a ride they always are very surprised how fast she is when i get on it! 340 cars are a lot of fun, and the hotter they get the better they run! LOL

Wish I could find my Dad's old '73 340. I love these cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back