• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas dream

Glad it's back on! Not sure if you are aware and your wife's job becomes an issue but there are a lot of winery's in TX, may not be on that scale .
Congrats!

Yes, we’ve seen quite a few.

I should say, she’s the purchasing agent/buyer for everything the Winery or Vineyards need. So that could be used with any company.

Congratulations!

Ehhh…my thought is that anything east of East LA is just more East LA

:lol:

Post pics when you can

watermelon

Curious - I 100% agree with your avoidance list. I too was considering TX. Changed my mind for a few reasons - but have you considering the Georgetown area - East of Austin - much more conservative and still in the Hill Country? Out aways from the Austin sewer @5.7 hemi

Last edited:
My old coworker selling his winery East of Houston in Winnie,TX if you know anyone interested. Small scale with event venue.

EDIT* Just looked and its no longer for sale. He must have changed his mind on selling it.

We are tired of brown, that’s all I see. The mountains, ranches, along the freeway, it’s all brown. And it’s all brown for 8-9 months out of the year. We would like to see some green for a bit more time. The wife ruled out anything westward of Weatherford nothing eastward of Terrell, nothing more southward than College Station and trying be lower than the Texas/Oklahoma State line. She thinks Dallas area would offer better employment opportunities in case her employer decides after we move, to let her go.

Last edited:
Health Insurance, if thru your wife's job, may be an issue. Some plans require you to use doctors, etc. from their list of approved providers. She may be "out of network" when seeing a doctor. (My wife's company is based in Tennessee, and while they have branches here in Virginia, sometimes the health insurance coverage is a little problematic.)

We have Tri-Care, pay $38.54 a month for it and have been paying that for almost 30 years. Being a Disabled Veteran has its privileges.

wish you all the best ! moving is stressful
we did it from Illinois to Arizona. push forward and never look back.

We are tired of brown, that’s all I see. The mountains, ranches, along the freeway, it’s all brown. And it’s all brown for 8-9 months out of the year. We would like to see some green for a bit more time. The wife ruled out anything westward of Weatherford nothing eastward of Terrell, nothing more southward than College Station and trying be lower than the Texas/Oklahoma State line. She thinks Dallas area would offer better employment opportunities in case her employer decides after we move, to let her go.
If Dallas is an area you like, look around Streetman/Corsicana. It's about a hour of of Dallas. Richland Chambers lake is an awesome lake for fishing/water sports and has very little traffic deapite being the 2nd largest lake in Texas. Property is still relatively cheap around there

My younger sister graduated from college in MN - picked up with another student friend and moved to Dallas 42 years ago and has never looked back. She lives in a very nice city/burb of Carrollton, TX. She was a part of the reason we were considering TX - nice to be somewhat near family. We were scouting Georgetown far enough west of Austin, conservative with plenty of amenities. Also in the Hill Country. The property taxes and almost non existent Homestead allotment turned me off and away. If I changed my mind that’s where I’d likely be around.

Best of luck to you brother...glad you're in the final stages. We're not going anywhere as long as the kids are in school and our (aging:() parents are still here, but I have family that's been in OK and N.E. Texas since the 1800s so that's likely where we'll end up, which is fine...my wife is Viking but no snowy cold climates for me. F**k that stuff!

My younger sister graduated from college in MN - picked up with another student friend and moved to Dallas 42 years ago and has never looked back. She lives in a very nice city/burb of Carrollton, TX. She was a part of the reason we were considering TX - nice to be somewhat near family. We were scouting Georgetown far enough west of Austin, conservative with plenty of amenities. Also in the Hill Country. The property taxes and almost non existent Homestead allotment turned me off and away. If I changed my mind that’s where I’d likely be around.
You need enough to qualify for ag exempt plus homestead and be over 65 here in Tx. Wanna be a high end subburb guy. pay your way here. Or move along.

Auto Transport Service
Back