• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for adding me to your forum!

GTXBRY

Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
My name is Bryan Gill, and I am a mechanical engineer and the CTO of AWA Forged Composites. awacomposites.com My question is, were headrests available for the 67 GTX, and if so, how would I go about getting a pair? Also, has anyone here had any experience with Vintage Radio (the company that makes modern replacement radios for older cars)? Or is there a better company from which to get a modern radio system for an old car?

My name is Bryan Gill, and I am a mechanical engineer and the CTO of AWA Forged Composites. awacomposites.com My question is, were headrests available for the 67 GTX, and if so, how would I go about getting a pair? Also, has anyone here had any experience with Vintage Radio (the company that makes modern replacement radios for older cars)? Or is there a better company from which to get a modern radio system for an old car?
Hello Bryan! My name is Bryan as well and I too am a mechanical engineer.
I know that headrests for the 1968 were optional per side. Yes, you could buy a car with a headrest only on the passenger or driver’s side if you wanted. This was likely true for 1967s too. If you post a wanted ad here, you will likely find someone selling them.

istockphoto-517611164-612x612.jpg

Well, I ain't Bryan and I sure ain't no engineer, but Fred and I say hi!
(Fred doesn't have headrests BTW).
newwelcome.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Bryan. Headrests were an option for 1967 GTX (and R/T), but are rarely seen. As already noted, nobody reproduces them, and they are impossible to find at swap meets. If you do come up with a pair, the non-headrest seat frames have provisions for them under the upholstery. I have a Mopar cousin of your car, a 1967 R/T.

Welcome from the Mitten state, glad to have you among us.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

looks like head rest to me
this is a 1967 advert. for the GTX convertible
67 GTX Advert. #11 Convertible.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, I have 3 67's with headrests on both sides, but sorry they are all in use.
20200507_141334.jpg
20200903_150404.jpg

Welcome from New Zealand.

These guys sell new retro radios for Mopars and others.

Auto Transport Service
Back