• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for the add from Bethany Beach, DE!!!

bobfake

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I look forward to picking your brains as we learn about our new (to us) 1968 Super Bee that we got on Tuesday. I had a '69 and '70 Charger when I was much younger and my current ride is a '14 SRT Challenger with Whipple Supercharger making 601 to the wheel. Right in Hellcat territory.

My wife and I were at Chrysler Carlisle in July and she asked me if I'd ever sell "Elvira", my Challenger. I told her I didn't think so...I've put quite a bit into it with the blower, Barton shifter linkage and shifter, line-loc and rather rare paint (Phantom Black tri-Coat Pearl). this was as we were walking through a long row of '68, '69 and '70 Chargers. I then told her that a '68 Charger might just be the only car that would make me want to sell my Challenger. Then we turned the corner and we’re walking through a long row of Coronets and Super Bees...and I said "well...maybe a Super Bee would do it as well." My Dad had a '69 B5 blue Super Bee with a 383/4-speed and I loved that car. My wife told me she thought that would be fun to have an old hot rod in the garage. So here we are. We found this really nice ’68 Super Bee in CT. It has a 383/4-speed with pistol grip Hurst shifter.

There are some items that need to be addressed, so I’ll be looking to get advice from you folks as we go through this new journey.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

P.S. I love carburetors!!!

20220823_194320565_iOS.jpg

20220823_194347655_iOS.jpg

20220823_194407674_iOS.jpg

20220823_194417247_iOS.jpg

What a nice compliment to your collection! She fits right in! The unique round side markers in '68. Unmistakable. Small detail but I love those. Welcome to FBBO from western NY!

Welcome from Missouri!! Very nice!

Welcome aboard from central Illinois!! Congratulations, your Mopars and your wife are all keepers IMO.

Super Bee 68 Rumble Bee.jpg

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

welcome to FBBO

nice Bee & Challenger too

newwelcome.jpg
Fred and I say "hey!"
I've owned two '68 Bees in younger years, know everything there is to know about 'em.
They're my Achilles heel. :)

Hi Bob! Welcome from South Carolina!

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Both are awesome. AND you didn't need to sell the Challenger to get a great lookin' B-Body. Sweet deal.

Welcome from NM. Nice looking '68. You are on the right site for brain picking about all things Mopar.

Welcome from Alabama, you have Dodge fever. Sweet rides.

Auto Transport Service
Back