• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks TS Harold!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
No triple digit temps today....at least not where I am. Cloud cover will do that but doubt we'll get any rain from it since it's too far south. The local news is sure hyping it up though. Geez. 45 mph sustained breeze with maybe 60 mph gusts and the news cast is acting like it's a hurricane. The important part is the rain could be more of a threat to low lying areas but the area where the storm is going in is dry just like my area is.

Damn near the entire state of Texas is low lying areas! It’ll hit hip here today, 103.

The weather's been weird here lately also. It's hot, but the heat index is stupid high, be safe!

Perfect day here:
1692710234883.png

Damn near the entire state of Texas is low lying areas! It’ll hit hip here today, 103.
Oh man....lots of high ground in Texas but nothing along the coast!

Texas hill country?

Cranky, I know your forward thinking but posting on an open forum thanking a TS???? :lol:

Seasonably mild here...

I kind of like what the tropical storm/hyped hurricane Hilary
did here, 85* in mid-late August is mostly unheard-of
a lil' rain too, cooled everything off, less fire hazard
humidity sucks, even at 45%-55%, norm is more like 20%-25%
& nearer to 100* until mid Sept. at least

not sure we will get any effects or Harold...

Cranky, I know your forward thinking but posting on an open forum thanking a TS???? :lol:
I wish the thing had come straight through the Houston area and know that there are many others that think the same thing! That TS was just a puff of wind to us. Haven't had a drop of rain at my place in nearly 2 months and the last rain delivered 1/8". The temp today only hit 95* because it was cloudy from the TS which is the normal high and it felt nice. Today would have been the 24 day (iirc) in a row to have 3 digit temps. Day before yesterday was 108 and further north about 40 miles was 113 and some places not too far up were even higher.

That's way better, than lower than that :thumbsup:
keeping dry I hope
Dry?? Everything is dying it's so dry! I'll let you know how much my water bill is pretty soon and the lawn still has dead spots in it. Even the trees are stressed.

Auto Transport Service
Back