• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Buy American thread

drpreposterous

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Last week I read a Forbes article that cited FTC and others sources estimating that the Peoples (Putative) Republic of China is the source of 80 to 86 percent of the world's counterfeit and knock-off goods. Many are not just shoddy con jobs, they're downright dangerous. And Amazon readily admits they have a significant problem with vendors selling phony designer goods.

Ya wanna buy Chinese? Go check out Taiwan goods!

I just spend the better part of a Sunday afternoon compiling all the Made in USA websites and search engines I could find. Then I tried to post them on places I don't really frequent (FB and Reddit) and was unable to do it. Too confusing for me! I know folks get skittish about opening documents/attachments, but in case you are inclined to send this info along or know how to post it somewhere, here's the attachment of my findings:

Made USA database.pdf

And here's the text..
First up! An extension you can add to your browser that will filter Amazon results to put “Made in USA” products at the top of the page.

Buy Localized - Made in USA filter on Amazon

The Better Business Bureau’s guide to buying American (includes tips on counterfeit goods and false claims). Note the distinction between “Made in USA” and “Assembled in USA.”

BBB Tip: A shopper’s guide to buying products made in the USA

Manufacturers in the US

All American Made Clothing (clothing)
New Balance USA Collection - New Balance (athletic shoes)
https://www.untuckit.com Premium clothing made in USA
Microwaves Made In The USA: Highest Quality American Microwaves Microwaves made in USA. Note: Only the Amana looks to be still available...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Websites/search engines for American-made products

Still Made in USA.com - American-made Home Appliances Appliances and clothing
Wolf Appliance, Inc. - US Made in America Products & Company Listing Directory Appliances
BuyLocalized.com: Find American Made products in all Categories
Made In The USA - MadeInTheUSA.com
Products Made in the USA - Reasons to Buy American-Made Goods (Cars and appliances)
https://americansworking.com/ (huge number of categories)
Clothing (clothing database with many hyperlinks)
Here Are 100+ Brands That Are Made in the USA (clothing, cookware, shoes, furniture, tools, electronics, miscellaneous)

Best Gifts Made In The USA (gifts)
Categories Archives (use the pull-down menu to search by category)
Best Wholesale Made In USA Vendors - WholesaleCentral.com (clothing, beauty and speciality items)
https://www.americanmanufacturing.org/made-in-america/Search engine
Still Made in USA.com - American-made Products for Home and Family search engine
THE AMERICAN MADE GUIDE CURATED BY AUTHENTICITY 50 Hyperlinks by category, with everything from furniture to cookware and luggage, among other things
The American List | Made in USA Companies | Made in America Hyperlinks for clothing, apparel and gifts

Made in the USA Directory | Find American Made Products More hyperlinks with multiple categories
Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More This website has a variety of products, from gifts and clothing to furniture. The site also features a filter for searches for “Made in USA” products.
https://www.usalovelist.com Gifts
https://www.usaproductsonly.com Multiple categories

Made in North America would be better as we are dependent on each other

Well that kills most of the affordable stroker cranks and rods.

What's really pathetic is that a thread, and links, are needed to find out USA made products. If anyone doesn't think this country is kaput, you're kidding yourself.
Made in North America would be better as we are dependent on each other
Nope. I don't want to be dependent ON ANYBODY.
I agree. And I don't mind buying goods from Europe, S. Korea, Taiwan, Japan, India--just not the friggin' PRC!
I do. I mind very much. I want to support a fellow AMERICAN.

What's really pathetic is that a thread, and links, are needed to find out USA made products. If anyone doesn't think this country is kaput, you're kidding yourself.

Nope. I don't want to be dependent ON ANYBODY.

I do. I mind very much. I want to support a fellow AMERICAN.
Sorry, but the US depends on Canada buying $360 Billion in US goods each year. And it goes both ways. If you don't want to depend on anyone, you'll be like a one man football player against another team. It is helpful to strengthen each other....and by strengthen, I mean become more competitive against overseas products.

The guys at NAPA laughed this week when I asked for American made wheel bearings for my 05 Ram. When they saw I was serious they combed the listings and said origin was not even listed.

Not a good sign.

Sorry, but the US depends on Canada buying $360 Billion in US goods each year. And it goes both ways. If you don't want to depend on anyone, you'll be like a one man football player against another team. It is helpful to strengthen each other....and by strengthen, I mean become more competitive against overseas products.
Sorry, this isn't football. I'm all for free trade and importing and exporting... but "depend" ? Nope. There's a BIG difference. We've seen the results when anyone "depends" on essential goods from elsewhere.

I went to several chain part stores the other day looking for a pair of rear brake calipers for my 08 300C .. All were China made, I left them on the counter and get this paid the same price ( I get wholesale) at my local Chrysler dealer and all were rebuilt in the US. Plus they don’t feel lighter than what I took off ! China is selling new parts cheaper than reman! I have no problem with a reman or rebuilt but this is crazy. I went thru 4 starters awhile back before I got a good one and they were reman ones from China! How is it worth it to send a 50 year old starter to China, rebuild and ship it back and sell it for less than 80$ of course they were junk.. Crazy!

Hey OP, thanks for that list. It will be used. :thumbsup:

Sorry, this isn't football. I'm all for free trade and importing and exporting... but "depend" ? Nope. There's a BIG difference. We've seen the results when anyone "depends" on essential goods from elsewhere.
I agree!! Show me where you bought your made in the USA phone, computer and TV, I want one........

I didn't find Jenn-Air kitchen appliances on there. They are American made. I just replaced all my old Jenn-Air appliances with new. My last set was great quality. I will never knowingly buy appliances that aren't made in North America.

Let's look at really what the underlying concern here is and why it is that the CCP now produces just about everything these days. It is because manufacturers here in this country, cannot afford to pay their employees because of the exorbitant salaries/wages the so many Unions now require to be paid to those workers. The cost of US labor is far more expensive then having the CCP do that work because they pay far less to their workers or in some cases, the CCP is using Slave Labor. I have on quite a few incidents, been ripped off by these off-shore CCP products being far less superior then what we could be producing. Yet consumers are demanding more and more, company's cannot keep up with that demand, subsequently CCP junk is now all we are getting. The CCP is a known dumper of inferior quality products and laugh all the way to the Bank at our expense. Until things change for the better here in the US manufacturing arena, then we will continue to be subject to **** products...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
Its not just the unions, it is also regulations and taxes. THIS IS NOT POLITICAL.
It is economics. If a compay's costs go up, prices must go up.
Jennaire (no longer hyphenated) is made by Whirlpool, who has factories in the US. But, Whirlpool is a worldwide company with factories around the world. Some appliances could be imported. Ya gotta look at the appliance to be sure.
Regarding junk Chinese products, those products are built for American companies in many cases and are built to the American company specs.
If those products are junk it is the fault of the American company.

The example that I use all of the time is those sink sprayer thingies that you put on your kitchen sink faucet. The little strainer thing that you pull or push to make a solid stream or spray.
The old made in U.S. used to last for years. They cost a couple of dollars. They are no longer made in the U.S.
ALL of the current ones are identical, probably made in the same Chinese factory. You can pay 99 cents from the dollar store or fourteen dollars from the hardware store to receive the same thing, and they are now all garbage. Some don’t even last a day, if you’re lucky you can get a few months out of one. It’s not just consumers wanting cheap products that is the problem, it’s the greed of retailers buying that same cheap Chinese garbage and selling it for fourteen dollars. Many people are glad to pay a premium for a quality product, the problem is that in many cases a quality product no longer exists.

I am in need of a motor controller for my camper slide out. I replaced it about 2 years ago and it blew out again. Can’t find one anywhere. In the meantime, I decided to take apart the controller that is clearly marked made in USA. Guess what, the board inside has parts that are marked, you guessed it, China.

Nice to see it in print :usflag:

it takes a lil' more effort to get, but it supports our
& the local economy too

:luvplace:

Buy Made in the USA, every lil' bit helps

I agree!! Show me where you bought your made in the USA phone, computer and TV, I want one........
I have an "Element" TV... Element the only major television company assembling TVs in the United States.. if I could, I'd buy a USA made ANYTHING instead of china garbage.

Auto Transport Service
Back