• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

????? the color of a 1965 dodge coronet 500 trunk emblem

brianhouchins

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
166-TM500-SET.jpg$_12.JPG

I thought red was the only color that a 65 coronet 500 came out with
the black one is listed as a 65 is this a correct year or a miss print

500 came in more than one trim package... the hemi cars had the red and the others had the black

500 came in more than one trim package... the hemi cars had the red and the others had the black

I'm going disagree with above statement totally. That trunk medallion is one year, one model only. I've had 3 original 500's and none were hemi cars... (They didn't even build hemi coronet 500's in 65 ) and all had original red trunks medallions. Also awhile back had six NOS ones still in boxes and all where red and there is only one part number for assembly and red was color. Actually this is first I've ever heard of someone saying it was a hemi related thing. What I've noticed on used ones is the color fades out of originals and usually someone repaints backside of medallion and the ring to their liking.

This is my buddies with my 63 at Carlisle. I believe his is black but I can double check tomorrow if I see him. Ron

409818523.gif

I have seen other ones that were black! No idea why though! I'm sure mother mopar had a reason for them!

Uh, I am glad I wasn't holding my breath for and answer . . . seriously as a '65 500 owner I am curious if anyone knows the answer? Mine is missing and I've been looking for a cost effective way to replace it.

I see that P.G. Classic in N.B., Canada sells a reproduction. It is red.

Auto Transport Service
Back