• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Imperial went out for a test

cbodybob

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Took the Big Owl Lubricants Imperial out to Galot Motorsports Park last night. David Gore of Gore Motorsports was driving it tonight. Car ran well and consistent. Best pass was a 7.83 which is the best it’s run since I’ve owned the car. We are planning to enter the car at the Rockingham Mopar event in April. That will be the cars first official race since I’ve owned it. Plans are for David to drive. I took the car to Piedmont Dragway two weeks ago. It was cold and damp & windy 42 degrees. I was driving it. Couldn’t get the car to work on that cold track. A 1500 horse Buick GN played tag with both walls & damaged the car badly. Driver was shaken up but I’m told he’s ok. So I decided to load up & take her home. Immediate plans are two more test sessions & then The Rock. We turned the curve last night. Finally got all the bugs that’s been plaguing this car fixed.

IMG_2930.jpeg

Took the Big Owl Lubricants Imperial out to Galot Motorsports Park last night. David Gore of Gore Motorsports was driving it tonight. Car ran well and consistent. Best pass was a 7.83 which is the best it’s run since I’ve owned the car. We are planning to enter the car at the Rockingham Mopar event in April. That will be the cars first official race since I’ve owned it. Plans are for David to drive. I took the car to Piedmont Dragway two weeks ago. It was cold and damp & windy 42 degrees. I was driving it. Couldn’t get the car to work on that cold track. A 1500 horse Buick GN played tag with both walls & damaged the car badly. Driver was shaken up but I’m told he’s ok. So I decided to load up & take her home. Immediate plans are two more test sessions & then The Rock. We turned the curve last night. Finally got all the bugs that’s been plaguing this car fixed.

View attachment 1624446
Just a guess, but I thinking this not original Fuel Injection and 2.26 gear? LOL. I had one the same colour. Worst car I ever owned!
I always liked the styling of these, it was just that mine was an electrical and mechanical nightmare.

Last edited:
Just a guess, but I thinking this not original Fuel Injection and 2.26 gear? LOL. I had one the same colour. Worst car I ever owned!
I always liked the styling of these, it was just that mine was an electrical and mechanical nightmare.
318 Four barrel, 4500 stall, 8 3/4 with a 5:13 spool, all steel body

so cool and glad your getting it figured out. Mike AKA Charles Cook and I are going to the Rock,hope to be able to meet you. :thumbsup:

Congrats 7.83 (1/8th) x 1.57 = appr. 12.29 in the 1/4
& good luck next outing
7.50 (?) 1/8th mile of course

Auto Transport Service
Back