• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The lemon headlight trick worked.

SteveSS

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
The headlight lenses on the Pontiac Vibe looked pretty cloudy. I had planned to stop by the auto parts store and buy one of those kits. I had been driving around with my brights on and no one had been flashing me. I had read this trick with a lemon. I had added a couple of fresh lemons to a keg of lemonade and after the drink was gone I was about to toss the lemons when I thought I'd give it a try.

I went out and scrubbed the headlight lenses with the lemon halves and they looked pretty good but they were wet so I didn't think much of it. I didn't even rinse them off. Then last night I drove the car and all of a sudden cars were flashing their high beams at me. I pulled into a gas station to look at them and they looked pretty good but pretty streaked. I tried to squeegee them but had no luck. I guess I'll try more lemons and rinse and wipe this time.

It works for a short while, "off" bug spray does the same. The $75.00 polish kit works also but not for very long. Its easier in the long run to just replace them. You can buy a pair of replacements for just about anything for 100 bucks on ebay.

I use "Brasso", which has been around 100 years as a metal polish. An 8-ounce liquid container is about $3.50 and works great.

upload_2022-2-2_9-39-2.jpeg
Why not just spray the lemonade on the headlights ?

I do the wet sanding with 3000 and duplicate color spray can clear. Works great and lasts for a long time. These were orange they were so clouded up.

20160604_183045.jpg

Toothpaste works well as a polish on plastic headlights and instrument panels, etc...

Auto Transport Service
Back