• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The new guy

Do us all a favor,, make it SAFE first and deal with making it FAST later.
Nice ride, have fun !!

Greetings from central illinois. Nice cruiser you have there, just give it a good cleaning, go through the brake system real good. Drum brakes can be ok for a daily driver but with a single pot master just make sure no weeping anywhere, name of the game is to have a fun, safe reliable cruiser first, speed stuff can come 2nd. Just remember speed =$$$$$, focus on education and girls first .

Welcome from far north Houston, don't be afraid to ask questions, these guys weren't born knowing all this stuff, although there are a few that just might have been conceived in a Mopar! There is A LOT of knowledge here that will gladly guide you...
Theres even a group that will help with grammar....as you have seen....and as much as they would like, they can't issue any fines!!! So don't sweat it. You are officially our youngest member now, by a whole year!

Welcome. Like the car. Take car it. Factory air on a 66 Coronet 440 is cool. No pun intended.
Worry about the A/C later. You mentioned brakes not working. Are they leaking?
Is the reservoir full?

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Welcome from NW CT. Enjoy your car and college. My dad told me college would be the best 4 years of my life and he was right! And I'm sure you've heard this before - the only dumb question is the one you don't ask so ask away!

Wow looking at that car sure bringsback memories. I posted before that I had one for my first car also. It became my first hotrod too. I went from a poly 318 to a 72 400 police interceptor engine. It was the perfect sleeper. I added a B&M holeshot converter to a trans with a cheetah RMVB and an intake carb combo w 260 comp cam. I see my car in yours even has the same hubcaps. One other good thing is it holds 7 or 8 comfortably too. That poly was no slouch either but the 400 was night and day. Good luck !

g'day from Australia :welcome: ,nothing wrong with a 318 poly moredoor :thumbsup:
pic of my first mopar, a 60 model but just like yours
60 dodge.jpg

Drum brakes can look intimidating, but they are fairly straight forward and a great skill to have.

Get a good spring spoon/twist release tool for the heavy springs at the top, and a screwdriver like spring tool for the small ones at the sides (they come in different sizes).

...but you will get greasy/dirty.

Drum brakes can look intimidating, but they are fairly straight forward and a great skill to have.

Get a good spring spoon/twist release tool for the heavy springs at the top, and a screwdriver like spring tool for the small ones at the sides (they come in different sizes).

...but you will get greasy/dirty.
An assortment of several smaller sized vise grips will suffice for spring removal if you are on a budget

IMG_4909.JPG
Welcome to FBBO, Peter V! By chance, the V wouldn't stand for Venkman, would it?

Auto Transport Service
Back