• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The passing of my wife Gloria, and an unintended pun

451Mopar

Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
My wife Gloria passed Tuesday morning. She has had health issues for a long time, and was at home with hospice care.
Wednesday, Our adult children and I met with the mortuary to make funeral arrangements.
On the way home the mortuary called reminding me that they need payment 48 hours before the funeral.
I blurted out, "what do they think we're going to do, leave Gloria there and ghost them". The kids started laughing uncontrollably!
Then I realized the pun. It was nice to hear the kids laugh at such a hard time in their lives.

Sorry to hear of your Gloria's passing, it's never easy, glad the kids were able to get a little laugh at a such a tough time.... I would hate to have the job of Mortuary bill collector...

Your beloved wife seems to be living on
thru her children. She'll always be with you.
God bless.

My condolences. Sorry to here this.
It's good you could share a laugh.

Sorry for your families loss! Sincere condolences!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. May God bless you and the children, and your other family in this difficult time.

Sorry for your family's loss.
I'm sure your wife heard the laughter of her loved ones and smiled to herself. I hope it eased the pain if only for a few moments and that family memories continue provide a lifetime full of such moments.

Very sorry your wife passed away.
Prayers for her , you and family.

Auto Transport Service
Back