• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ram Man - Max assist TANDEM Bendix booster & 1.125 Bore HEMI Master Cyl.

TekHousE

Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
HI folks!

I just received my Booster and Master Cylinder from Wayne 'The Ram Man'..

I have not installed these yet. I have to wait for my mates garage to be free, so I hope to have these on my car in the next week or so. I simply do not have the tools or space to do this at home unfortunately.

But for starters here are the photos I took tonight with my phone instead of my Canon DSLR. So forgive me since the quality is not up to my normal standards..

14434973500_5b68f30cd6_k.jpg14618424361_2223202ebb_k.jpg14621619165_ea228b38ae_o.jpg14621625165_25c2ba7cd6_k.jpg

That sure is beautiful, hope the install goes smoothly.

I wish my camera took pics as good as your phone does lol

I've watched several of Wayne's youtube videos and he knows his stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3rIe5_2LoA

Yes he does. That being said I do feel that pricing is a tad bit high but can understand after seeing his quality work. Prototypical work does take exacting amounts of copious time which is and can be costly. But the end results far out weigh the cash outlay when going for the correct pieces and appearance. Going to look really nice upon completion TEK...cr8crshr/Tuck

I've actually spoken to him on the phone a couple times. Very knowledgeable and he took time out of busy schedule I'm sure, to spend about 1/2 hour talking to me (a total stranger from Maine) about brakes and my setup trying to get my car to stop. I was all set to buy his booster but I then found out the po put the pushrod on the mc backwards! That's why it leaked and didn't have a pedal. If I need to buy a booster and mc, I'm calling Wayne!

Yes he does. That being said I do feel that pricing is a tad bit high but can understand after seeing his quality work. Prototypical work does take exacting amounts of copious time which is and can be costly. But the end results far out weigh the cash outlay when going for the correct pieces and appearance. Going to look really nice upon completion TEK...cr8crshr/Tuck

I have now spent a lot of time looking at this booster and master cyl. I would dare anyone to tell this from factory original. Of course the giveaway is that it looks brand new, but the work is awesome.

I read in some papers that came with my gear that Wayne thanks some 'rich' mopar fan that paid for the tooling up for this stuff. That was the problem prior to this being available, the tooling costs were simply too high. But it seems that Wayne found a fellow mopar benefactor that made this all possible.

What did this whole setup cost including all the parts?

I wish I had that instead of the SSBC junk I got at summit... live and learn.

Wayne quoted me the same $495 right to my door. He told me that the power booster setup will work with a car that is only producing 10" of vacuum! If I font like my current attempt at good brakes, I'll be placing an order!

He has all kinds of videos out there to watch too.

You can hide a vacuum pump under the dash and run a gromited line through the firewall to it hidden behind the engine to hide it and vacuum at the motor doesn't matter...

You can hide a vacuum pump under the dash and run a gromited line through the firewall to it hidden behind the engine to hide it and vacuum at the motor doesn't matter...

That would probably be a bit loud inside the cabin of the car. I run a relay driven CVR Electric Vacuum Pump for my 512 stroker. It's hidden under the battery tray and you can hear it kick on/off with the hood closed and engine running. Up in the front fender well, on the backside of the headlight mounts would be another good place to hide one.

Wayne is a real good cat. Also spent a good 20-30 minutes on the horn with the guy, trying to figure out what exactly I needed for my power Bendix braking system. Heck, I didn't even buy anything from him and he still took the time to explain the system/parts. Looks like a pretty nice set up you got there Tek. Should work good. Be sure to check the pre-gap on the adjusting nut of the push rod, from the booster to the master. I'm guessing wayne might already have it set up, but it's worth a look vs. sloppy pedal play or brakes locking up.

Here's a measurement of the push rod distance, out of the FSM Tek:

pushrod le.jpg

That would probably be a bit loud inside the cabin of the car. I run a relay driven CVR Electric Vacuum Pump for my 512 stroker. It's hidden under the battery tray and you can hear it kick on/off with the hood closed and engine running. Up in the front fender well, on the backside of the headlight mounts would be another good place to hide one.

Wayne is a real good cat. Also spent a good 20-30 minutes on the horn with the guy, trying to figure out what exactly I needed for my power Bendix braking system. Heck, I didn't even buy anything from him and he still took the time to explain the system/parts. Looks like a pretty nice set up you got there Tek. Should work good. Be sure to check the pre-gap on the adjusting nut of the push rod, from the booster to the master. I'm guessing wayne might already have it set up, but it's worth a look vs. sloppy pedal play or brakes locking up.

Here's a measurement of the push rod distance, out of the FSM Tek:

View attachment 199281

That's very helpful mate. Thanks for posting this. It sure helps to have this type of info PRIOR to fitting. Saves a lot of heartache..

Auto Transport Service
Back