• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Right Stuff

zslacker

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
I have gathered all the ingredients needed for the 68 upgrade. I got it running with a 440 and it was so much fun I pulled out the engine and 23 spline and am now installing a 426 hemi and 18 spline transmission. Not bad for a car I pulled out of the sandy southern California desert!

IMG_6354.JPG

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG

IMG_6360.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

Nice! You picked the right upgrades! O do I miss the So Cal junk yards I frequented in the 80's!

If my 68 R/T wasn't a matching numbers 440 4-speed, I would do the same as you. Make it what you want.

I got the engine in and the headers bolted on and it was amazing how easy the headers were to install. Although the lack of a power steering box allows a bit more room this was one of the easiest header installs Ive ever done.

IMG_6384.JPG

IMG_6385.JPG

IMG_6386.JPG

You must be 5 miles or so from me! Do you ever bring these to Cars and Coffee at the old KMart near Santa Clarita just past Seco Canyon and Newhall? I took my 70 RR there this past Saturday and myself and one other 73 or so Challenger was there. First time I'd been in months since it's always a non Mopar show.

You must be 5 miles or so from me! Do you ever bring these to Cars and Coffee at the old KMart near Santa Clarita just past Seco Canyon and Newhall? I took my 70 RR there this past Saturday and myself and one other 73 or so Challenger was there. First time I'd been in months since it's always a non Mopar show.
Yes, I have driven this 68 when the 440 was in it and also a 70 blue charger when the hemi was in it. Not many Mopars there, the green hemi 69 and sometimes a general lee. Most recently I have taken my (69 mustang fastback but I wont mention that here) but when this 68 is done it will be there. I live in Live Oak, I'll look out for your 70!

Awesome! Sounds good!

Auto Transport Service
Back