• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Vacaville $125,000.00 HEMI is back

LOL, I read this and thought it was for a gtx. Now that I re-read it on here I see it is just for the engine, WTF is wrong with people, why would this guy waste his time, it also says the motor has to be done, so 6 figures for an engine that "may" be good after you rebuild it, someone needs to send this guy a link to this auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Coron...tr=true&hash=item33a731f5a7&item=221848401319
that comes with a super track pack car, lol... If anyone is looking to buy a hemi for $125K, PLEASE call me, I will go buy that R/T drop top, hand you a running motor, and have the car for almost free, lol..

People are nuckin futz, I went to look at a 70 super bee today, convertible, 383 auto car, the guy didnt want me taking pictures of it, He wanted $20K for the car, NO hood, fenders, valance, rotted 1/4's, floors and trunk, original #'s matching 383 and 727 (who cares), motor is locked up solid tranny has no pan on it!!!! Car has a dana 60 in it, brakes are locked but the dana is there. I asked where he came up with the price, he said he seen one on ebay for $100K and it would only be around $20K to restore this one!!! I wasnt going to make an offer but he said I was the first person to look at it although he had a bunch of interest from a gu in new york city...

I said "I don't want to insult you, but the car is worth about $2000 to me, and I really would have to fight myself to give you that" He made this face like I just wiped a handful of baby **** on his shirt, put his hand on the garage door button and said "we are just wasting each others time", I said "oh yeah, we are, thanks".....

When we were driving away my father said there was no way he would let me buy that car for $2K, but I know the dana is worth $1500, it had a decent tail pan worth $200, but it was a parts car, not a restorer, if it was a 6 pack car or maybe an R/T, then maybe it would be worth doing, but a 383 bee, nahhh..

Yep, another artifact of the pre-2008 mindset. Back then any big block Mopar was gold. Not the case anymore, but some folks just can't accept that.

Yep, another artifact of the pre-2008 mindset. Back then any big block Mopar was gold. Not the case anymore, but some folks just can't accept that.

I agree but most of them guys bought it in 08 so they over paid and now just can get their minds wrapped around losing money, this guy owned it since the 70's and wants 8 times what it was worth in 08, lol.. Just ******* clueless, BUT maybe he will come across with some more clueless and a huge check book..

I'll offer 150,000 pennies for it.

Ok, how about one hooker on a saturday night; with a hot wash cloth after, and a shot of jack daniels!!!!!!!!!

Unbearable trying to read this dribble.

This has to be the best part, on many levels:

I will not allow visual inspection unless I receive a substantial amount of earnest deposit of which there is no refund.

..and 5 year old dribble brought back to life at that ! Last I saw, fairly recently, it's still for sale!

A man has the right to ask whatever he wants for his possesions,and he also has the right to die before someone buys them at his price!

Trouble is, if a guy was lucky enough to find the original GTX....it would probably still only end up being worth $125K with that engine. :rolleyes:

Does this gentleman live in such an informationally-devoid vacuum that he just has no clue what the actual price should be?
I'm trying to get my head around how out of whack this truly is...
Borderline insanity?
Given a lack of evidence to the contrary, I'm going with Dennis on this one:
dude is enjoying all the attention and notoriety of it all.

That guy needs to give it a name and start a college fund for it because it will be in his family a long, long time.

Smiley Holy Thread Revival Batman.jpg

The only response I can give is the guy is joking. I wonder if I could trade him some ocean front property in Arizona.

Trouble is, if a guy was lucky enough to find the original GTX....it would probably still only end up being worth $125K with that engine. :rolleyes:
Well said!! That's what I was thinking.

Auto Transport Service
Back