• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Who or Led Zeppelin?

think about it and pick one...... you can go back and change your vote if necessary

• The Who

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 51 76.1%

• Total voters
Led Zeppelin all day long over the Who.

I get sick to the back teeth hearing about Momma's squeeze-box and what she does with it.

The Immigrant song for the win.

1979 at Knebworth, Achilles Last Stand, one of the best examples of how complex Zeppelins songs can be, and how difficult some are to play live. Yet they frikken nailed it!

1979 at Knebworth, Achilles Last Stand, one of the best examples of how complex Zeppelins songs can be, and how difficult some are to play live. Yet they frikken nailed it!

That video doesn't sync real well IMO with the audio and its quality and makes me suspicious how much is actually live vs dubbed to justify the "nailed it" accolade.
it is a monstrous performance.

Did PT play keys on their records?
I don't think I've heard any ukes on their records either, but I could be wrong.

PT does get credit for smashing a guitar on stage becoming popular.
Not the first, but arguably the most visible.

Ritchie Blackmore was pretty famous for smashing guitars as well.
Apparently they were seconds, he never smashed his good ones.

At the time of this writing the voting is going 80/20 for Led Zeppelin...and predictably so I might add.

Just hearing the intro to "Immigrant Song" makes me want to mash the loud pedal and go 100 MPH... I like Pete & Roger & their bandmates, but nothing they ever did evokes that kind of response... JMHO.

Zeppelin, hands down. Like one member said, their music kicks you in the ***. The guitars are as good as Skynyrd’s in my opinion, and who can forget Robert Plant. Never honestly cared for “The Who”… sorry, I guess cause I was raised on Zeppelin more than “The Who”.

Ritchie Blackmore was pretty famous for smashing guitars as well.
Apparently they were seconds, he never smashed his good ones.
I don’t want to start anything here , but I would vote Deep Purple over the who………..and I like the who

I don’t want to start anything here , but I would vote Deep Purple over the who………..and I like the who

I saw Rainbow 1982? (before rainbows were gay)........ Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell, Ronnie James Dio........ it was a kickass show

I saw Rainbow 1982? (before rainbows were gay)........ Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell, Ronnie James Dio........ it was a kickass show
Probably earlier 1982 would have been Joe Lynn turner on vocals.

But in '81 Dio was in Sabbath, so pre-1979, or a lot earlier.

yeah...... I'm obviously wrong about 82...... I suppose Dio wasn't there....... I did see Dio in the 80's...... those years all kind of blend together for me

Nothing against Led Zeppelin in the least - grew up listening to them on 4 and 8 tracks in HS and later in college. Great stuff. But the Who gets my vote - Magic Bus, Summertime Blues, Won’t Be Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, I Can’t Explain, Love Reign o’er Me, I Can See For Miles. . . etc. Sustained me through the last part of 60s and most of the 70s. They played at my High School in 1968 in Overland Park KS and like an idiot I didn’t go. Tickets were like $1.50 I think. :eek:

I like a lot of music, rock & roll
(lots of country too, a call out to Toby Kieth RIP, true patriot)
I like 60's Mowtown too, almost as much

Honorable mentions need to go out to;
Ted Nugent, Molly Hatchet, AC/DC, Nazareth, Bob Seagar
Deff Leopard, Eagles, Joe Walsh, even Kiss, Aerosmith, Judist Priest,
or even Van Halen (not Hagar's version & I like Sammy too)
maybe even a lil' Peter Framptom or Dr. Hook & the Medicine men
pretty much all the 'Day on the Green' Bands, that played in Oakland

Elvis was the 'KING

Last edited:
I like a lot of music, rock & roll
(lots of country too, a call out to Toby Kieth RIP, true patriot)
I like 60's Mowtown too, almost as much

Honorable mentions need to go out to;
Ted Nugent, Molly Hatchet, AC/DC, Nazareth, Bob Seagar
Deff Leopard, Eagles, Joe Walsh, even Kiss, Aerosmith, Judist Priest,
or even Van Halen (not Hagar's version & I like Sammy too)
maybe even a lil' Peter Framptom or Dr. Hook & the Medicine men
pretty much all the 'Day on the Green' Bands, that played in Oakland

Elvis was the 'KING
Stranglehold….one of my top ten ever

When I was 20, Zeppelin all the way.
Now I find it depressing, the tone of the melody and his voice.
I don;t get that vibe from The Who, and I thought they were fair to middlin' back then. They have grown on me.
Of course, I felt the same about a lot of the older country singers too back then, I thought some of them were plain annoying in the late 80's.

Maybe it was the 90's rock scene being the most depressing stuff ever written and country turning into pop, then rapping cowboys now and pop music.... well, it isn;t music really anymore is it?

But things with more upbeat melody and bands with real talent have my attention now days, as well as vocalists with extreme personality and stage presence, like Willy and Waylon, Mr. Cash.
Can anyone really feel down in the dumps with "Magic Bus" blasting out of the speakers?
The world drags me down every day. I seek music that does the opposite.

Kind of a Ginger or Mary Ann question, here, isn't it?

Here are a couple of my favorites from each. I tend to listen to the Who more, but I like both. I did vote for the Who.

"Stairway To Heaven" is a good song, but it's highly overrated, while "Squeeze Box" has got to be the Who's worst commercial hit.
For me, I don't know if Stairway to Heaven is overrated or just over played, but I don't stop the dial for it any more. The same goes for Free Bird - and I like Skynyrd a lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back