• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The winter project is just about done

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Since the big move was delayed, I worked on the Charger a bit over the winter. Replaced the exhaust system, new vinyl roof, new seat covers & carpets, rebuilt the a/c system & did a topside restoration of the engine compartment. The last problem was a low brake pedal & the culprit was the wrong dual-diaphragm Bendix booster that came with the car. A correct freshened up booster just came in today & I repainted it this afternoon and installed it after dinner. Just got to charge the a/c system, get an alignment & we're done.

DSCF9305.JPG
DSCF9306.JPG

Very nice, but are you ever really done? Have you detailed the ash trays, NOS valve cores, are all the Phillips head screws oriented the same...?

Nice job. From one who has attempted, that's nice work. Dave

Looks awesome! So you have 2-68's right? The Silver one & this one?

Looks awesome! So you have 2-68's right? The Silver one & this one?

The silver one went to Holland a couple months ago.

You could align those bar codes on the A/C belts.

You know what, I did. And apparently, after a little bit of running they are no longer aligned.

Obviously, I'm far from a photographic expert, all I do is put it on auto & shoot. If you can educate me, I'd be obliged.

LOL, I'm just teasing. I'm no photo guy either. But sometimes I do get someone with a steadier hand than mine to take pics for me!

The engine bay looks great. And I do see that I will be getting some wing nuts for my battery hold down, instead of wrenching nuts on and off.

Since the big move was delayed, I worked on the Charger a bit over the winter. Replaced the exhaust system, new vinyl roof, new seat covers & carpets, rebuilt the a/c system & did a topside restoration of the engine compartment. The last problem was a low brake pedal & the culprit was the wrong dual-diaphragm Bendix booster that came with the car. A correct freshened up booster just came in today & I repainted it this afternoon and installed it after dinner. Just got to charge the a/c system, get an alignment & we're done.

View attachment 435804 View attachment 435805
Outstanding RC talking some serious pride to make them beautiful...nice job

View attachment 435804 View attachment 435805
DAMN what a beauty you do great work :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back