• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE The Yankee Express is for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm done. I just don't have the interest in finishing it anymore. The older I get the less I want to go out there and mess with it. My ankle is giving me a lot of pain and I can't stand on it long hours on the concrete garage floor. I don't go to shows hardly anymore for the same reason. It's time to let it go. My interest and enthusiasm has fizzled out.

So, thanks in advance for the advice and questions I know are going to come from this post, my mind is made up. I'm also tired of fighting with the wife over money spent on it. It just sucks the fun out of it and hurts our marriage, so no more.

The car is a roller and can be steered for loading on a trailer. The 440 hasn't been fired but I have no reason to believe that it will do anything other than run fine. The Tranny needs the valve body placed on it and it's ready to run. It needs the intermediate brake line still from front to rear. Needs total wiring done. The rest of the stuff to complete is the usual crap like gas hoses and fuel lines a battery, headlight relays, oil filter, u joints, exhaust pipes from headers to mufflers and the tips on the rear. The car can easily be converted back to stock Coronet dash and interior. In which case it would need to entire contents of the cab replaced as I have none of that. All the glass is good all the gear for the inside of the doors are there. New fuzzies are there, trans linkages are there, needs trans lines to cooler, that's about it.

It's a custom car and has been modified but I suppose you could revert it back by replacing the front fenders and replacing the trunk lid and rear face structure although I don't know why you want to.
Look up the Yankee Express Restomod build thread here on FBBO and decide if you're interested.

$ 10,000 dollars. Or, best reasonable offer takes it. It's been under construction for nearly 8 years. Every one who has seen it, save for three people on line, has resoundingly raved over it. Everyone thinks it's cool. It's different but cool.

PM me. Ghost.

20221105_121931.jpg

20221105_122000.jpg

20221105_122008.jpg

20221105_122013.jpg

20221105_122153.jpg

20221105_163001.jpg

20221112_101742.jpg

298725-06c97978736f9d082bf39eafad0ff08b.jpg

20210903_141811.jpg

Dang. You are so close.

Ooops, better ask a question-

How much extra paint is included?

Dang. You are so close.

Ooops, better ask a question-

How much extra paint is included?
There's a half gallon of the Rat Rod satin black and a 1/4 gallon of the copper. A gallon of good clear and some activator and reducer. Cups and filters etc...

The engine work was done by RPM Racing Engines. The engine alone is worth $3000 or more. The wheels and tires are worth $1400. Trans another $1000. All the other replaced parts and metal work make up the rest. The springs have been relocated to under the frame, the front brakes have been converted to disc, and too much custom work to list. 67 Charger front end grill and headlights. tons of new parts inside and out.

Last edited:
C'mon guys, this is an ad.....don't wanna be a hard *** but if we let this go, we'll have to do it for everybody.

Cool car Ghost, I understand the situation too
good luck with the sale, it's well worth the price IMO

any more details, you can share here ?
with those that don't know the build as well

what rear gears, suregrip ?
types of brakes F & R/MC/peddles' etc.
what tires & wheels/sizes & brands etc.
any specifics on the suspension stuff/rear springs, front bushings, shocks etc.
that would need to be known also

it may help, so people aren't going back & forth
between the build thread & for sale thread
to have it detailed all in 1 spot

Last edited:
Cool car Ghost, I understand the situation too
good luck with the sale, it's well worth the price IMO

any more details, you can share here ?
with those that don't know the build as well

what rear gears, suregrip ?
types of brakes F & R/MC/peddles' etc.
what tires & wheels/sizes & brands etc.
any specifics on the suspension stuff/rear springs, front bushings, shocks etc.
that would need to be known also

it may help, so people aren't going back & forth
between the build thread & for sale thread
to have it detailed all in 1 spot
Here's a list of the mods that have been completed:

Front to back------ Front bumper sectioned, shortened, turn signal rectangular holes filled, recurved to fit the new fender noses and to hug the sheet metal. Also enlarged the center license plate cut out into a ram airduct.
1967 Charger grill and revolving headlights. Custom elec motors, mounts and linkages.
Front fender noses swept back to a 90* angle ( Think 70 Road Runner).
Front disc brakes swap from a 76 Aspen.
All rubber bumpers and bearings replaced.
Inner fender close out smooth panels to hide wiring etc.
Smooth firewall with relocated wiper motor to under dash as is everything previously on the firewall.
Battery to box behind passenger seat.
Wiring pass through tubes running along outside of inner fender just below the fender mounting flanges and into the cab through the firewall.
Wiring passthrough boots in the door frames.
2004 Audi A6 Quattro dash/console /steering and center pull E Brake. And everything in/on the dash console too.
Audi door panel elements fabricated into new panels that align with the Audi dash.
Puddle lights and rear facing marker light on the rear face of the inner door surface so it can be seen when the door is opened.
Power everything.
Custom steering linkages.
dual M/C and new hoses/lines.
10 way, power/heated bucket seats leather.
1967 Plymouth Sport Fury rear seat topper mounted just behind bucket seat tops and close out roadster type panels from there to the back glass. (Think 59 Corvette)
Audi armrest with 4 analog gauges hidden inside.
GPS speedo
spare tire under the roadster panels in what would have been the center of the rear seat. Close out panel between cab and trunk.
Fabricated shift linkage and lever. Hand made pistol grip and reverse lock out.
Fake quarter panel side scoops opened up.
dual motorcycle pop up gas filler caps, one on top of each quarter near the trunk lid front corners.
fabricate the entire rear face of the car to accept 1966 Thunder Bird tail lights.
Trunk lid on gas lifts
17 gallon fuel cell with dual filler necks.
trunk close out panels
rear wells tubbed
leaf springs relocated to under frame.
center pull E Brake cables
move spring perches
remove spare tire well
1970 RoadRunner rear bumper lengthened 3 5/8" and recurved to hug the sheet metal. TTI exhaust to exit through those back up light holes.
Remote trunk release.
shave gas filler door
ditch the 318 in favor of a built 440 Magnum, and build a 727.

The headlight motors are modern electric motors, 12V, and I fabricated custom linkages ( drive shafts) going to the buckets. The stock bucket stops, switches, relays and wiring can be used. The 67 Charger headlight buckets and grill have been restored and painted.
The chrome trim for the 67 Charger set up is included. The front bumper has been sectioned and shaved with both ends reformed to match the new outlines of the modified front fender noses. The back edge of the front bumper has been straightened to match the front of the car. The center license plate cut out has been lengthened and widened vertically to form a ram air inlet. 26" radiator and large trans cooler.
The inner fenders have two smooth panels that close out the fenders inside and are bolted in place. The firewall is shaved and the windshield wiper motor is under the dash in a custom bracket and hooked up to the wiper posts and tested for binding. The ignition module, ballast resistor are mounted on top of this bracket.
The front brakes are 1976 Aspen spindles with all new hardware and hoses. The calipers are powder coated in silver. All front end bushing and rubber bits are new. The Audi steering wheel, telescoping / tilt, is hooked to the MOPAR box via Borgeson knuckle and Flaming River "D"shaft. The engine is a 1972 440 Magnum that had the machining and cam bearings done by RPM Racing Engines here in Vermont, they are the leading engine builders for most racing here in New England. Great shop with top notch people.
They supplied me with the correct parts for inside the motor and a new Melling High Volume oil pump. It was assembled by me using a very good manual and the correct tools with copious amounts of the right lube everywhere.
It is bored 0.40 over with a polished Steel crank and Comp Cam 270/470 @50 and Comp dual springs with titanium caps and 10* locks. 440 Source push rods, LY connecting rods to Speed Pro pistons with Clevite rings. Hemi deep pan 7 quart, Mini high torque starter, Power Master chrome alternator that has been converted to one wire, Dual billet timing chain/gears, and chrome cover, billet Mancini Racing rear seal tower, 346 heads that are ported and polished and port matched to the Weiand single plane intake that's powder coated in Alien Silver and Black. Rebuilt 750 CFM Holley dual feed carb elect choke. Summit chrome feed rail with liquid filled pressure gauge. Mallory Unilite electronic dizzy, Taylor Racing red 8mm plug wires w/ insulated 90* boots on brushed aluminum looms. Finned alumnum valve covers in high temp wrinkle black with polished fins.

Last edited:
More:

Custom coil mount bracket at the right rear between intake and valve cover. MH water pump which has the sewer sized drain inside for increased cooling, braided fuel supply w A/N fittings to a 3/8" aluminum fuel line to the tank. wiring plan is to come through the firewall below the wiper bracket and just above the center of the bell housing and up onto the motor from the rear. All glass is factory tinted. The dash/console is 2004 Audi A6 Quattro Allroad. 160mph speedo. The dash has been cut down to match the windshield curve of the Coronet and, due to dash depth, forces the shifter to be placed rearward of stock about 9" as are the seats. The shift lever mounting and linkage has already been worked out and placed. The shifter is a fabricated Pistol grip with a rubber 4 speed boot in the Audi console and looks like a 4 speed, lol. The Audi center pull E-Brake is also done. The dash mounts to fabricated brackets on both A Pillars via an aluminum skeleton. The door panels are full on custom and the Audi dash contours flow right over onto the door panels. Power everything. Linkages inside the doors for pulls, locks etc are already fabricated and worked out/tested. The panels are already built and just need assembly and covering with fabric. Floor pans have been replaced in a couple of sections. The seats are VOLVO XC-90 units and are leather with "baseball stitching" and 10 way power and heated. The doors have rubber bellows that sit in the jambs and the wiring can pass through. There are "puddle" lights under each door facing down and red marker lights in the rear edge of each door to let people behind know the doors are open. There is a steel bar across the width of the car inside directly behind the seats and mounted to it is a 1967 Sport Satellite rear seat topper. This is a "wing" looking item and is the front edge of a set of roadster panels that cover the rear seat area, think 59 Corvette. Under the panels is the spare tire and tools, cleaning supplies and the NHRA battery box. #1 cables in 8 foot lengths come with the car. New fuzzies inside and out come with. The side scoops are opened up. The gas door has been shaved and two RULLO motorcycle pop-up gas caps have been inserted in the quarter tops next to each front corner of the trunk lid. They flow down to a 17 gallon aluminum fuel cell with baffles and a roll over vent valve and A/N fittings. it has dual filler necks. The filler hoses run through the fabricated trunk gas lift mount brackets. There are close out panels for the rest of the trunk area. The entire rear face of the car has been hand fabricated to accept 1966 Ford Thunder Bird taillights that blink sequentially. The lenses are new repros. There is a 71" long close out steel panel behind the lights that is two sections and is much like the one in a 66/67 Charger trunk. The rear bumper is a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner bumper that has been stretched nearly 4" in the center so that the ends match the down sweep of the quarter tail profiles exactly. The ends have been re bent to hug the sheet metal and the sheet metal pockets cut out and fabricated to match. The quarter extensions have been modified to accept the tail light profiles. The leafs have been relocated with a US Cartools kit to underneath the frame. new shocks all around and new leaf hardware. New brake lines, brakes and wheel cylinders. Jegs black powder coated wheels with 7 3/4" BS on the rear and 10 x 15 which puts the tires in the exact center of the new wheel openings to allow for 15" wide rear tires. The tires are Cooper radial GT's in 395-50-15 and Cooper radial FS5 Touring in 270-60-15. Fronts are 4" BS and 8x15. Studs on the left have been replaced with RH threaded ones. Rear wheel openings have been mini tubbed and the spare tire carrier shaved. TTI 3" exhaust from turbo mufflers back and either chrome shorty headers or HP stock manifolds. All other pipes need to be purchased yet. The set up is for the exhaust to exit through the bumper back up light holes.

Last edited:
More:

The transmission is a 1974 trans from behind a 440 six pac. It now has 4 pinion planetaries, 5 disc clutch and 4 disc clutch, 10 springs and a 3.8 ratio billet lever and billet band strut. New Red Eagle frictions and black Kolene Steels. Needs the valve body assembled and bolted on. 8 3/4 MOPAR rear axle. The floors are all covered in sound deadener / heat reducing material. All wiring needs to be done. Both front fender front corners have been swept back to 90* with the angles of the hood front lip. The car comes with everything like new windshield and window seals all around, door seals, fuzzies. trunk seal etc. All the nuts and bolts etc to reassemble. It's a steerable roller. Worth way more than i'm asking. The years of sheet metal fabrication alone are worth more than the asking price. The car is painted and needs touch ups and clear coating and the materials come with the car.

Come get it. It is truly a ONE of ONE car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back