• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The year is under way , 1st big meet of the year

Tex013

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Well our year is well under way . Went out Friday / Saturday @ Sydney Dragway running a support class for the Australian Top Fuel Championship series .For us low bucks guys it was more of a glorified T&T . I have gone back to footbrake and running my Hoosier radial slicks for the foreseeable future . Also stripped front shocks down and replaced oil , rethought my shock settings particularly front . That seems to have worked but with DA it was hard to really see .
The weather was way too much Summer , on Saturday @ 1.30pm DA was 4300 , temp 108F and water grains were 130 . Grains never got under about 110 both days temps in the 80/90s . Plymouth was about 1 1/2-2 tenths and 1 1/2 mph off , ran 10.53/10.55 over 4 passes across both days . Seems that is about as slow as it will go . Won both passes in CSO but backed off for 2nd win and wasnt close to dial . This weather is a 2 or 3 times a year deal thankfully .
This is video from Friday .
www.youtube.com

Atlantic Oils Top Fuel Slam.

Day one of round 4 of the Burson Auto Parts Top Fuel Championship.
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

I run in Super Street , DYO 10.00-12.99 .

I will be towing , yes I have caved in cant afford the Plymouth fuel bill for 12 hr each way , to Mildura for a 400Thunder national series event in March , hoping it will be a hair cooler definately less humidity / grains .

Tex

Those days with the big cars always sound fun to me, until I’m there and getting shuffled to the sidelines, pitting a mile away, waiting for hours, and having the finals that you and your best buddy are in cancelled due to time so the funnys can make one more “exhibition pass“ (it’s happened to me).

at least you’re out there making noise. We’re still a few Months away here in the PNW, USA (Good thing for me, I need every moment of them). If 10.50’s is the “slowest it will run”, it’s running pretty strong. I see you’re within in the top 10, and the fastest Mopar at the show. Nice work!
Why have you gone solely to the foot brake, Tex?

Those days with the big cars always sound fun to me, until I’m there and getting shuffled to the sidelines, pitting a mile away, waiting for hours, and having the finals that you and your best buddy are in cancelled due to time so the funnys can make one more “exhibition pass“ (it’s happened to me).

at least you’re out there making noise. We’re still a few Months away here in the PNW, USA (Good thing for me, I need every moment of them). If 10.50’s is the “slowest it will run”, it’s running pretty strong. I see you’re within in the top 10, and the fastest Mopar at the show. Nice work!
Why have you gone solely to the foot brake, Tex?
I have gone back foot for a couple reasons . I struggled with traction last year after adjusting converter , stall and going mechanical sprag . I also finally connected the dots that i had gone past my then shock settings . The Hoosier is a lot happier off footbrake and quicker than the PBR. And finally most of my big success was footbrake , so to get back in the groove i went back there . That got me my first christmas tree , national win , in march 2022 , i did retry transbrake late last yr earlier this year still had traction issues .And i have both sets of tyres .
Oh yeah we run pretty much all year , scaredy cats reduce track opening in winter for 8 weeks here , because it does get down to low teens celcius occassionaly high single figures . Scared of cold track , but the air is fantastic

Tex

Having fun I hope too, sounds like a cool event...

Well our year is well under way . Went out Friday / Saturday @ Sydney Dragway running a support class for the Australian Top Fuel Championship series .For us low bucks guys it was more of a glorified T&T . I have gone back to footbrake and running my Hoosier radial slicks for the foreseeable future . Also stripped front shocks down and replaced oil , rethought my shock settings particularly front . That seems to have worked but with DA it was hard to really see .
The weather was way too much Summer , on Saturday @ 1.30pm DA was 4300 , temp 108F and water grains were 130 . Grains never got under about 110 both days temps in the 80/90s . Plymouth was about 1 1/2-2 tenths and 1 1/2 mph off , ran 10.53/10.55 over 4 passes across both days . Seems that is about as slow as it will go . Won both passes in CSO but backed off for 2nd win and wasnt close to dial . This weather is a 2 or 3 times a year deal thankfully .
This is video from Friday .
maxresdefault.jpg

Atlantic Oils Top Fuel Slam.

Day one of round 4 of the Burson Auto Parts Top Fuel Championship.
favicon_32x32.png
www.youtube.com

I run in Super Street , DYO 10.00-12.99 .

I will be towing , yes I have caved in cant afford the Plymouth fuel bill for 12 hr each way , to Mildura for a 400Thunder national series event in March , hoping it will be a hair cooler definately less humidity / grains .

Tex
Always glad to hear someone is out having fun. Enjoy and be safe.

Weather can be a killer of performance. The good thing is everyone is racing in the same weather. Hope you do well.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back