• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you dislike about B bodies?

A 66/67 is "basically" the same car as a 68-70.

Feels a bit more narrow and is a bit lighter. Not as much wheel well room, but chassis is almost the same as is interior dimensions and seats.

WAY cheaper.

...and they are somewhat less prone to rust.

71-74 OTOH...

More likely to have disk brakes and sway bars...and dual mirrors...and AC.

Lots of cool options started in 70 and were common on 71-74 (like Slap-Stick, etc).

Feels much wider (to me, as do E body cars).

Can be "squishy" handling, but can be at least partially tamed. Seats can be love them/hate them.

...but they are actually somewhat more prone to rust than 68-70.
66-67 Chargers will take a 295x15 rear tire, without modifications.
They usually rust from the bottom up. Very seldom do they rust out around the rear window from what I have seen.

Yes, it was April iirrc when they changed. I think my GTX is a May-June build, it has the abbreviated numbers

View attachment 1336675
Classic has both lenses. I got the 0-150. I think they changed it because it was too crowded looking. The Police cars had a 0-140 certified. The numbers were on the face, and it had a special clear lens.

66-67 Chargers will take a 295x15 rear tire, without modifications.
They usually rust from the bottom up. Very seldom do they rust out around the rear window from what I have seen.

I was talking about non-Charger 66/67 B's since the OP mentioned Belvedere/Satellite.

...but that's a good point.

66/67 Chargers are also heavier. MUCH heavier than non Charger 66/67's.

Classic has both lenses. I got the 0-150. I think they changed it because it was too crowded looking. The Police cars had a 0-140 certified. The numbers were on the face, and it had a special clear lens.
Yep, they said it was too hard to look at, and it was dangerous!

The 68 is being built for my son,and both 69s are major projects. They are both R/T SE cars,one has a sunroof. I am going to build them both. I have a few 71 projects for sale and a super solid 72 Charger topper roller I would sell too
Had to ask.. hail mary. I've been having a heck of a time finding a '68 RT 440/4Spd. Unicorn.

Has anyone mentioned lack of beverage holders? That’s kind of a bummer :rofl:
It WAS all about ash trays; my OEM console had two, adding up to FIVE in the car. I installed a modified console and have two cup holders, but only three ash trays left, lol.

My step father drilled a hole through the bottom of the console and the floor in his 70 Charger R/T SE and he used to put three beers and ice in the console for the road. The water would drain out the bottom as the ice melted! The rare factory b body cooler option!

Had to ask.. hail mary. I've been having a heck of a time finding a '68 RT 440/4Spd. Unicorn.
One of the members on here recently told me he was asked how much he wanted for his, and he told the guy 110k and the guy wants to buy it! He said I told him a high price, and he wants it!

My step father drilled a hole through the bottom of the console and the floor in his 70 Charger R/T SE and he used to put three beers and ice in the console for the road. The water would drain out the bottom as the ice melted! The rare factory b body cooler option!
That’s clever! Even though my center console is a repop, I decided against doing something like that, and just made something that slides into out of plywood.

It WAS all about ash trays; my OEM console had two, adding up to FIVE in the car. I installed a modified console and have two cup holders, but only three ash trays left, lol.
It seems that some 67 Chargers had an ashtray on the passenger door armrest, which made 5 ashtrays in a 4 seater, and two lighters.

Ive owned pretty much all of them from 66 to 70 , currently have two 1966s and one 1967
And to be honest, I cant think of anything I DONT like.
For me they are comfortable and roomy, nice driving cars . If I had to pick something to dislike I wish they early cars had the option of the option of the 6 way seat like in the later years . And god willing I will have 'at least one in my possession ' the rest of my days

Ive had a few A bodies from 68 to 71 , and Although I have no issue with the A bodies ( except the ones where the rear windows dont roll down) But Ive no real desire to own another one.
And One 1970 Challenger and zero interest in owning another E body , ever.

It seems that some 67 Chargers had an ashtray on the passenger door armrest, which made 5 ashtrays in a 4 seater, and two lighters.
My 67 Coronet has the ashtray in the pass side door armrest and both rears.

Ive owned pretty much all of them from 66 to 70 , currently have two 1966s and one 1967
And to be honest, I cant think of anything I DONT like.
For me they are comfortable and roomy, nice driving cars . If I had to pick something to dislike I wish they early cars had the option of the option of the 6 way seat like in the later years . And god willing I will have 'at least one in my possession ' the rest of my days

Ive had a few A bodies from 68 to 71 , and Although I have no issue with the A bodies ( except the ones where the rear windows dont roll down) But Ive no real desire to own another one.
And One 1970 Challenger and zero interest in owning another E body , ever.
You sure could adjust the 66 buckets in several ways.

I find plenty to like about ALL B bodies. Had them all except a winged wonder and never wanted any.
Sure each model has its issues. After 40 years in the hobby, I gravitate toward smiles per mile and per $.
My fav. have been early B cars.
I swore off 68-70 cars when good projects got to costing about $3000! OK so that was a few decades ago!
I also had a couple or o 66 Chargers, love em or hate em. but cool rides with lots of quality.
I think 66-7 Bels and Coronets are the good bang for buck these days.

Auto Transport Service
Back