• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This 1966 Corvette had quite an effect on a girl.

As a teenager in the '60s, I was immersed in the Corvette mystique. Although I was a Mopar fanatic from the Forward Look on, all I had to do was look around, and no question, the 1960s Corvettes were a cultural icon. I used to remark to my wife that I never saw an unattractive woman driving one. The later models seem to have become a bit more egalitarian in recent years (older Baby Boomers). My daughter loved being seen in the '66 Corvette I owned a decade ago more than any Mopar I ever owned. My wife felt the same way, but one long ride too many, with the side pipes blasting, and she was done.

Alix Corvette.jpg

Last edited:
As a teenager in the '60s, I was immersed in the Corvette mystique. Although I was a Mopar fanatic from the Forward Look on, all I had to do was look around, and no question, the 1960s Corvettes were a cultural ideal. I used to remark to my wife that I never saw an unattractive woman driving one. Though they seem to have become more egalitarian in recent years (older Baby Boomers). My daughter loved being seen in the '66 Corvette I owned a decade ago more than any of my Mopars. My wife felt the same way, but one ride, with the side pipes blasting, and she was done.

View attachment 1287641
I had a few hot Chevys thru the years and not wanting another but would like to own one like you have 63-67 (no fast back). These Corvettes transcend ‘brands’. I did have a 99 hardtop that stayed in the shop, got tired of that then sold.

What I would REALLY find interesting is if there was an up-and-coming model. Something that does not cost $100K yet that is going to have that mystique, that vibe that transformed that girl into a princess as she sat in the seat of that Corvette. Maybe it is a 2nd Gen Charger but I don't think that's quite it. It might be for a guy but not for a girl. I asked my daughter. She's 30 and a car girl. She said a 1969 Camaro, orange with white stripes or all black. She also said it depends on the girl. A girl might like a Subaru with gas cans on it.

Next time I go to a car show I'm going to ask some girls to go car shopping.

68BabyBlue I had a '66 Corvette like yours and I honestly didn't like it. I couldn't park it anywhere with the top down. When I came back to it it was surrounded by guys ogling it. Maybe it would have been better with a coupe.

My 66 corvette did get a lot of comments from females. My 2008 Z06 only got one which was enough for it to go away. Pulled into Starbucks and a good looking lady shouts “that’s some mid life crisis you have there”
I think the Road runner will get some positive vibes once it’s driving. The wife’s friends always have comments.
The lady that shouted that is a moron. Maybe they don't get the idea that certain cars are liked, and not some symbol as a midlife crisis. I bet she would be hell to live with. Probably some treehugger that drives a nissan leaf. FFS, you can't enjoy something without some asshat saying something negative.

Any loud fast car that I've owned always got the girlfriends attention. Maybe it was the type of girl I liked to date. Now when we would take a ride on the Harley there was a much better reaction. 2nd gear, 2,000 rpm and they start squirming! :p

The lady that shouted that is a moron. Maybe they don't get the idea that certain cars are liked, and not some symbol as a midlife crisis. I bet she would be hell to live with. Probably some treehugger that drives a nissan leaf. FFS, you can't enjoy something without some asshat saying something negative.
We all lose our cuteness from age and our old rides do, unless they’re brought back to their showroom beauty (if not a pristine survivor). The days of gals looking at the driver end; but not the car.

Like I mentioned earlier, I like the C2 coupes the best and the same thing with the 1st and 2nd gen Mustang Fastbacks. Used to see mostly women driving the C2 Roadsters vs driving the coupes. Same thing with the Mustang coupes vs Fastbacks. In fact, I can't recall ever seeing a female driving a Fastback Mustang of any year but that's not the reason I like the coupes and Fastbacks more.....it's just that I like the body style. Same thing with the 2nd gen Barracuda. The Barracuda Fastbacks catch my eye before the Barrcuda coupes do. If both are parked next to each other at a show....I'm going to look at the Fastback first.

Auto Transport Service
Back