• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This happens every time I order oil on Amazon...

Yep, that's him. :)
Did this damage last year. Still trying to get compensation for repairs....
fedex damage 1 4-16-22.jpg
Now the idiot comes about halfway up our quarter mile long road, stops and puts the package
in a plastic bag and chucks it in the roadside ditch.
No, I'm not kidding.

Yeah, the local sources in these parts don't carry any of the oil types/brands my critters run, either.
As a small town, even places like WalMart and Advance Auto have reduced size inventories than their
big brother full-sized stores, so they have limited stock.
Easier just to get on Summit and click a couple buttons - and pay using PayPal for that added layer
of security, too - even though I've never had anything but great service from Summit.
I love Summit and use them constantly, but Amazon is $5 a gallon cheaper on the oil and shipping is free. I keep thinking they will eventually learn how to package the stuff properly after having ruined thousands of dollars of boxes in their trucks but I guess they really DGAF, being worth $2 trillion. Not my money being wasted, so not my problem. I'd also be open to picking it up locally but as others have pointed out, inventory control is nonexistent. I can't count how many times I've done the "O'Reilly Auto Pub Crawl" down El Camino when I wanted more than one of a particular item... I make sure to start near San Jose, then they invariably have less of the item than they claimed, then the clerk calls ahead to the next O'Reilly... I drive a few miles NW, repeat several times until Palo Alto.

I love Summit and use them constantly, but Amazon is $5 a gallon cheaper on the oil and shipping is free. I keep thinking they will eventually learn how to package the stuff properly after having ruined thousands of dollars of boxes in their trucks but I guess they really DGAF, being worth $2 trillion. Not my money being wasted, so not my problem. I'd also be open to picking it up locally but as others have pointed out, inventory control is nonexistent. I can't count how many times I've done the "O'Reilly Auto Pub Crawl" down El Camino when I wanted more than one of a particular item... I make sure to start near San Jose, then they invariably have less of the item than they claimed, then the clerk calls ahead to the next O'Reilly... I drive a few miles NW, repeat several times until Palo Alto.
I'm a believer in using companies (and individuals, for that matter) to their strengths.
Summit (and other such inclined businesses) obviously are more inclined to be expert at specifically shipping vehicle fluids;
Amazon, on the other hand, slings literally everything on earth via all different sorts of logistics, only a portion
of which is under their direct control.
We're Prime members, but I only use Amazon for certain things. Car stuff usually isn't one of them.

Auto Transport Service
Back