• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is certainly an interesting weather forecast for Friday.

SteveSS

Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
I'll let you know if it happens. Three to seven inches of snow on Friday night. I hope it thunders. Thunder snow is pretty damn rare. All I know is we need the water. Fires are everywhere right now.

Friday
Rain showers likely before 4pm, then rain and snow showers likely between 4pm and 5pm, then snow showers likely after 5pm. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Friday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Saturday
A chance of snow showers before 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

I've seen/heard thundersnow over NYC a few times when I lived in the Northeast, it might be more common there than in the Rockies because of the Atlantic. That report is odd though with 7" snow forecasted in late may. Meanwhile down in texas we having our warmest month of may in several years.

It's hit the low eighties a few times this year and I'm melting at those temperatures. I'm best at the low 60's. A friend just sent me a picture of herself in Kansas City. In the background, the vegetation looked like a jungle. I couldn't handle that heat and humidity anymore. The trees are just barely beginning to get their leaf buds here.

I'm at about 7,500 above sea level. I'm considering a move to Leadville, Colorado. Elevation 10,152 ft.

Forecast for Detroit area Friday: 92°
And this was after it was only low 40s this morning. Crazy *** weather.

It's hit the low eighties a few times this year and I'm melting at those temperatures. I'm best at the low 60's. A friend just sent me a picture of herself in Kansas City. In the background, the vegetation looked like a jungle. I couldn't handle that heat and humidity anymore. The trees are just barely beginning to get their leaf buds here.

I'm at about 7,500 above sea level. I'm considering a move to Leadville, Colorado. Elevation 10,152 ft.
I used to live in Dillon & Silverthorne and worked in Frisco; at 9100ft, but too GD cold for me. I moved to Fla and back to AZ; give me the HEAT...

I like it Hot but not Phoenix hot.
Not in Phx, I am in SE AZ, in the mountains. Normal temps are 90's to low/mid 100's here at 4100' elevation...

But yes, I agree, I couldn't handle Phx temps either...

Not in Phx, I am in SE AZ, in the mountains. Normal temps are 90's to low/mid 100's here at 4100' elevation...

But yes, I agree, I couldn't handle Phx temps either...
About the same here @ 4500ft. Windy Bitch though should be over soon. You doing OK with the Fires?

Yes, the winds suck, but should be done soon. No more fires than usual; idiots that throw cigarettes out of the car window and illegals that set distraction fires.

They keep changing the snow totals. Late yesterday afternoon it was 4 to 8 inches. Now it's 5 to 9 inches. Whoo wee.

Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

They keep changing the snow totals. Late yesterday afternoon it was 4 to 8 inches. Now it's 5 to 9 inches. Whoo wee.

Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Don't miss it at all...

wind out here for the weekend, supposed to be 50mph gusts
moving that **** east

The reason it’s called May. May rain, May snow, May be cold or hot, China has a weather machine, it’s run with 1 million Watt transmitters into the jet stream. We have one too but not as powerful up in mid north of US 1 mile square with hundreds of radio towers. Japanese discovered the jet streams in WWII and how to work them. Google it!

And I just turned the sprinkler system on this week.........
Not sure if I should shut it off and drain it now?

Auto Transport Service
Back