• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This pile of twisted metal is our Sale of The Year

There are still (demented) craftsmen in this world. They love a challenge!
In that realm
They love the money or recognition better,
if that was a 63 Dart, in the same shape or even better, they would NOT do it...
almost nobody would be dumb enough to spend that kind of $$$ either
it takes a special type to do that & a big *** bankroll...

Cars like this represent job security for skilled craftsmen & a "Who's got a bigger dick" moment for people with liquid cooled wallets...
Not a very attractive car IMO but I ain't got $4M to spend on it so my opinion doesn't matter... I've spent enough time around people who play in that league, if they need my talents for anything all they gotta do is write the check...

Cars like this represent job security for skilled craftsmen & a "Who's got a bigger dick" moment for people with liquid cooled wallets...
Not a very attractive car IMO but I ain't got $4M to spend on it so my opinion doesn't matter... I've spent enough time around people who play in that league, if they need my talents for anything all they gotta do is write the check...

Correct. People in that league don't do any of the restoration work themselves; they just write checks and the finished product is just expensive bragging rights.

I'm reminded of Andrew Tate saying that the reason he bought his Bugatti was so he could get access to the kind of people who own Bugattis. The value of this pile of junk goes beyond its selling price as a restored car.

Our resident miracle worker can whip the Ferrari back into shape in no time at all!

Our resident miracle worker can whip the Ferrari back into shape in no time at all!
1709593972342.png

Humans (mostly females?):
$24 billion plastic surgery industry (USA)
$19.5 billion cosmetic industry (USA)

Tell your wife if she questions your car hobby.
:p
I guess I'm one of the lucky
few. My wife wholeheartedly
accepts my mechanical
obsessions. Granted our
homelife never suffered.
A roof over her head was
priority one, and that she
was free to pursue her own
creative passions.

Last edited:
I know a guy who could repair that Ferrari. All hammer and file. No bondo.
I've known a few of those types.. Unfortunately they are no longer with us... Guys with those skills are becoming quite rare these days..

The shop up in Canada, the Guild was hand building a Ferrari replica on the show Restoration Garage. A shop like that could repair and hand make the missing pieces.

No different than the infamous “barrel Cuda” or the GYC Cuda. Not much of the original car left when it’s all said and done,. The major difference is that the financial investment is on a much grander scale…
It's much different, on a Cuda or any other Mopar muscle car, you are replacing parts that are either original pieces from another car, or using reproduction parts to repair a structurally damaged car. On a Ferrari like this car,you are making the parts. This is what is known as coach building, not replacing ready made parts. Our cars are not even in the same universe.

Those cars were hand built starting with a chunk of sheet aluminum...and will be rebuilt the same way.

The skills some guys have are uncanny...

It's much different, on a Cuda or any other Mopar muscle car, you are replacing parts that are either original pieces from another car, or using reproduction parts to repair a structurally damaged car. On a Ferrari like this car,you are making the parts. This is what is known as coach building, not replacing ready made parts. Our cars are not even in the same universe.
While true, when most of the body has been replaced can it still be considered an original car? Does it have the same value as an original car?

Auto Transport Service
Back