• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thread sealant for oem heads exhaust bolts

Well, the problem seems to be solved. Turns out it’s the bypass hose weeping from the bottom. I went ahead and double clamped it until I can get it off. Even new they’ve been known to split.

Dumb question.....why wouldn't a pipe thread sealant like RectorSeal 5 be the best thing to use for exhaust studs?

sealed them up this time with a liberal amount of ARP thread sealer that i used on the rest,,,this was the 1st bolt i did and well,,,could have used more on it like i did with the rest....now,to seal up the leaking 4 bolt heads valve covers,,,everytime i do these heads i have to literally glue them on with silicone. the combination of unmachined surface on the stage 2 heads and no end bolts is a real PITA. almost ready to make the 1st drive on it after 8 months. final tuning this weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back