• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tic Toc Tach

badbird

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Doing a 2004 5.7 swap into a 1970 Belvedere wagon, using a Road Runner dash, will there be an issue to use the tach, will I need an adapter?
wagon#4.JPG

I think it depends on what harness/engine controller you use. I believe that the Holley harness provides a tach signal which would make it easy. A factory harness (as in one removed from a donor car) probably doesn't however I am sure there is a way to make it work via one of the MSD tach boxes or something.

It is hit and miss. A lot of the time they will need a driver for the tach to work. I had mine sent out and they said with the VDO internals it should work. Wrong. I still had to run an adapter. This is with a MSD ready to run distributor. You might be better off getting the tachometer updated and then run it on the bench before installing it.

MSD makes an adapter that goes on the fuel injector harness to give rpm readout.

Auto Transport Service
Back