• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tic toc tack, new OER #1277441

cartech68

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi. New to FBBO. Working in a 68 Charger RT. It's a bad bad mess. Electrically destroyed by people in the past. New painless harness and OER complete gauge set, but!?. Having trouble le with the tic toc tach. There is no info on hook ups. Any one delt with this? Classic Industries has no answers and so far OER not responding either. The clock/tac has a hole on back to install the factory back light. There is a 4 inch gray wire coming out the side with a spade terminal. 2 stud terminal mounts on the back of gauge. 1 is marked +, must be B+, 2nd is marked with S. I do not know what the gray wire or the S terminal is for. It's a $400 gauge and don't want to mess up anything. Bought the entire new gauge set from Classic Industries, plus cicuite board and regulator, plus all new bulbs and adding a ground from cluster to dash frame to be sure. Any one know propper hook up for this gauge?? Working in industry since 1986 & with Chrysler Dealer currently. Thank you for any help.

If the car did not have a tach previously you will need a tach harness. it is separate from the dash wire harness as the tach was optional. They are available on Ebay and other places. 68-70 harness is the same.

If the car did not have a tach previously you will need a tach harness. it is separate from the dash wire harness as the tach was optional. They are available on Ebay and other places. 68-70 harness is the same.
This tach harness will work ok with a tic toc tach? I will check into harness and I was also told from Classic Industries that I need a tach filter added, but they don't have one at this time. They still seem a little sketchy on connections with this tac/clock. They are telling me the gray wire should be 12v, but not telling me if it's ign power or B+. Maybe harness will solve that also. Thank you for you input. Heading to Ebay.

20220620_153944.jpg

The “S” terminal would be the signal input from the coil negative. The pictured “+” terminal would be switched or keyed accessory power for the tach. The gray lead would be unswitched/constant +12 volts to power the clock.

The “S” terminal would be the signal input from the coil negative. The pictured “+” terminal would be switched or keyed accessory power for the tach. The gray lead would be unswitched/constant +12 volts to power the clock.
Thank you. That's what I needed to hear. Good to know some one is familiar with this gauge. Even OER, told me not to call, they don't deal with public and have no info. I will also pass this info on to Classic Industries. This poor car has not run since 2018 when the owner amassed away, rewiring and getting it back on the road for his daughter as she grew up tinkering with her dad and his car, now hers. Thank you tons for info.

20220613_213915.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back