• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tic tock tac wiring

Spartycus

Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
trying to clean up an old issue I have.

My 69 Charger came stock with a clock that never worked (big surprise there, right). When the engine was rebuilt a few years ago I had a stock tic tock tac rebuilt and sent the cluster out to be refaced. Everything looks like new still 5 years later. The clock works sometimes but The tac always registers low. I did have electric ignition put in at the same time and I added the tac wiring harness to the coil like the instructions say but it never registers the RPMs. It does move but not a whole lot. Any suggestions?

Only other gauge issue I have seen is the fuel gauge won’t read more than half, even when it’s full. The sender was replaced when the engine was rebuilt (the car sat for a while until I could afford to rebuild it).

Just seeing if anyone else had the same issue and what they did to fix it. The 67 came with a stock tac and when electronic ignition was put in that, it still works just fine.

check ground on tank, and see if your connections are clean. If you ground stud were wire connects on sender it should peg the gauge,that will tell you gauge is good. Do you have ground strap on tank?

I will check that on the tank. I’d does have a ground strap.

Auto Transport Service
Back