• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Timing adjustment with MSD 6al GraphView software

mouserider

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Need some help for newbie here please.
So i have 383 71 Charger with mild edelbrock cam, indy tunnel ram, dual quad Holley EFI, MSD 6al
So want to get timing right before jumping on EFI tunning

Nothing is wrong, but since im new, and its the only mopar in Cyprus, and mb 1 out of 10 muscle cars in general and probably only one with tunnel ram and efi, you can imagine how "easy" to find experienced help.

So at idle i have 8 degrees, 15' vacuum, and graphview shows 22 on retard curve, i know i can only add retard through graphview, but question is (mb it will sounds absolutely ridiculous)
Where should i fine tune the timing, via graphview msd software, by adding retard curve? or i shall do it by playing around with initial timing on the distributor and then fine tune with mechanical and vacuum advance?

i just cant get it, if i can add(remove) timing via graph view, why bother with mechanical and vacuum

Thank you

I'm not familiar with the graphview software but if it only lets you retard timing that does make some sense. I would start at -20 degrees initial and dial back the maximum centrifugal to 35-36 after you get it running.

I'm not familiar with the graphview software but if it only lets you retard timing that does make some sense. I would start at -20 degrees initial and dial back the maximum centrifugal to 35-36 after you get it running.
oh thanks, will try it, so the maximum i should aim is 35-36?

Auto Transport Service
Back