• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tires and wheel size suggestions...

justsoplumcrazy

Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I have a '67 Coronet R/T that I'd like to up grade the wheels and tire sizes. It currently have the 14" steels with dog dishes. I'd like to go old school with a set of Cragar SS wheels like the days of Dick Landy and his '67 Super Stock Dodge Coronet. Was thinking 7" in the front and an 8" in the rear. My concern is tire sizes. I think I'm safe with a 235R-60-15 in front and a R275-60-15 in the rear. Does anyone know if this tire will fit a standard Cragar backspacing which I believe is 4.25 on the 7" wheel and 4.50 on the 8" wheel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a '67 Coronet R/T that I'd like to up grade the wheels and tire sizes. It currently have the 14" steels with dog dishes. I'd like to go old school with a set of Cragar SS wheels like the days of Dick Landy and his '67 Super Stock Dodge Coronet. Was thinking 7" in the front and an 8" in the rear. My concern is tire sizes. I think I'm safe with a 235R-60-15 in front and a R275-60-15 in the rear. Does anyone know if this tire will fit a standard Cragar backspacing which I believe is 4.25 on the 7" wheel and 4.50 on the 8" wheel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I see that you are very new.
You will have.much more responses to your question if you post in the tires and wheel section.
That said, IF those are the correct backspace, those wheels should work. I would run one size smaller tire on each end. Lots of tire is hard to get under a 66/67 b-body because of the shape of the wheelwell opening.
Also beware! I believe the lugs to bolt new Cragars to our cars are backordered everywhere. They take a shouldered conical seat lug.

I'm running a 15x8 wheel with 275/60/15. Backspacing is 5 inches and it doesn't rub unless you hit a corner fast. But normal driving around corners isn't a problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back