• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tires -n- tubes

Anyone try using some course emery cloth to 'scratch' the bead seat on the wheel at a 90* angle to the tire to give it some 'tooth'? Done that over the years and it seems to help. I'm one that doesn't like to drill holes in the wheels to screw the beads to the wheels. So far, ran high 10's without screws and the tires stay in place using some adhesive....

66, I got the billet front drum, the cope valve body, the race (red?) bands and clutches, the reinforced apply lever or strut whichever it is, I got all that was offered except the front pump thingie, john said he was out of parts to build that one, rear roller support, ultimate sprag and the five pinion steel planet and best of all,,, he did NOT try to talk me into putting a cheby transmission into my beloved Plymouth. Dave.

Dave, you chose wisely. Wish I would have picked the ProRace II with the better planetary, rear roller support. Next time! BTW, my opinion the thick lug pump gears are nice, never broke the stock ones though. You will be happy.

For what its worth my 727 runs stock pump gears, stock 3 pin front and rear planet, stock input and output shafts. Steel planet is a good idea if using a trans brake, but I foot brake. It has hurt 1 stock front planet in aprox 600 passes. flat out 1.25/9.0/150@3350lbs.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back