• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

toggle switch fan 71 rr 383

pjm8047

Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
I bought a flex a lite 14 in fan to put in front of radiator.my question is what is the best way to wire it? I was thinking of running 14ga wire with a inline 20amp fuse to a toggle switch to the dash.i will only using fan when the car runs hot at idle.

What's the amp draw when on? You can do that just run the switch on the ground side.

What's the amp draw when on? You can do that just run the switch on the ground side.

Flex a lite Website saying 20amp fuse rating

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ground the switch under the dash just by using a machine screw

always much safer to wire it with a relay setup.on the ground side.that way your higher amp draw goes through the relay.

Anyone have a wiring diagram i could use? And do i really need a relay?

Just get one of these babies and forget about it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-31147/overview/

flx-31147_w.jpg

yeah.i already got all the stuff to make it myself.ill let u know how it turns out

you dont need a relay,it is just much safer.if you get a universal relay it will tell you on the package how to wire it up.

you dont need a relay,it is just much safer.if you get a universal relay it will tell you on the package how to wire it up.

I bought a 40amp universal relay from advance auto.im gonna try it tomorrow

wiring is installed and tested.haven't installed the fan yet.should i have any problems install it on the factory radiator?

Auto Transport Service
Back