• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonneau Cover 2019 RAM

MarPar

If it weighs, it pays
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Gents, any recommendations on tonneau covers for my 2019 RAM?

I really like the Weather Tech one, but aye mama is it spendy. Like $879 spendy. Im sure its probably the best one out there, but I would like to know if there is a quality, USA one at a reasonable price.

:thankyou:

Hi Mario, Hey, I was very happy with my Extang on my Super Duty.
I had one with a full aluminum frame that had five spring loaded
supports. If you wanted to haul something you either took off the
whole top and left it there, or un-snap the tonneau and roll it up
towards the front and put two Velcro straps on it. Then remove the
five spring loaded supports.

Mario - When my '01 Ram (8' box) was new I had an over the rail, hard fiberglass cover. It kept the bed 100% bone dry, but it was kind of ugly. It covered and hid the body lines of the box. It was also heavy and not removable from a practical standpoint. It rubbed the paint off on the bed rails, too. I ended up hating that one. For about the past 10 years, I've had a BakFlip folding cover on it. https://bakflip.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw..._QwI587tCrm3IYCNxbPvoGdfohosDKQsaArtcEALw_wcB
The pros are it's a hard cover, so it's secure, it's folding - so it's versatile and removable, and it's under the rails - so it looks good. I can fold it up against the cab allowing me to use 100% of the box without removing the cover. The downside is as it's gotten older, more and more water gets in when it rains. I want to get something else before long, but I haven't been seriously looking much yet. I'd like something similar, but something that keeps things dryer, if I can find such a thing.

'Leer' use to make a decent topper,
they make or use to make really nice color coded shells too
don't know if they still do or not

haven't bought one for decades now

good luck

maybe look in LMC trucks, just an afterthought

Extang Full Tilt Snapless. $449.00. www.extang.com

Heya Paul! Ill check er out and see. Thanks Man!

Mario - When my '01 Ram (8' box) was new I had an over the rail, hard fiberglass cover. It kept the bed 100% bone dry, but it was kind of ugly. It covered and hid the body lines of the box. It was also heavy and not removable from a practical standpoint. It rubbed the paint off on the bed rails, too. I ended up hating that one. For about the past 10 years, I've had a BakFlip folding cover on it. https://bakflip.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw..._QwI587tCrm3IYCNxbPvoGdfohosDKQsaArtcEALw_wcB
The pros are it's a hard cover, so it's secure, it's folding - so it's versatile and removable, and it's under the rails - so it looks good. I can fold it up against the cab allowing me to use 100% of the box without removing the cover. The downside is as it's gotten older, more and more water gets in when it rains. I want to get something else before long, but I haven't been seriously looking much yet. I'd like something similar, but something that keeps things dryer, if I can find such a thing.

Thanks for the reply Dave! A couple of guys have mentioned the bakflip in another forum and they say they love it. Im leasing this truck and will only have it for 3 years, so im not to worried about longevity. lol

'Leer' use to make a decent topper,
they make or use to make really nice color coded shells too
don't know if they still do or not

haven't bought one for decades now

good luck

maybe look in LMC trucks, just an afterthought

Thanks Buds. A topper was my first choice, but at like 3 large, that's a pretty hefty price tag for only 3 years. Now if I knew fo sho it would fit on my next truck, then I definitely consider it.

That is a nice unit, RC. The drawback for me would be having to live with the drum in the front of the bed if you wanted to use the whole bed. But there's always compromise with just about anything.

Why would you need a cover on a Ford RC? They don't have enough power to haul anything but your groceries!!
:rofl:

That little V6 Ecoboost is a powerful engine. It will pull a big block Charger on a trailer and easily pass another vehicle going uphill and continue to accelerate, no matter what the grade is.

I am using a Tonno Pro Lo-roll on my 2000 8' bed Dodge Ram. I love it. Not expensive, easy to install, no holes to drill and keeps water out!

Auto Transport Service
Back