• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tony Dow is about to "not be down."....

Yes. Sadly, Ward wouldn't be driving his beloved Furys these days.
R.I.P. to Tony Dow. Wally Cleaver - the classic All-American tv boy.

So he's really dead...R.I.P. Mr. Dow.
(And I STILL say Eddie Haskell is behind this..)

Wally and beaver 60 ford commercial. I thought they were Plymouth guys? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F9x8PBc1G8E

7321679F-ADBA-41C4-849F-75480C574BC6.jpeg

R.I.P.

Don’t know, did Ford sponsor the show in its first couple seasons? Have recollections of 61, 62 and 63 Plymouths as the family ride; but memory is foggy. If not, I’d think Chrysler would a been pissed. Looks like Ward might have preferred a bigger ride to squirm into, lol.
View attachment 1320192
I believe you are correct, Ron. Ward drove a Ford in at least the first season. At some point after that, he only drove Furys through the rest of the series.
1659094438952.jpeg

I believe you are correct, Ron. Ward drove a Ford in at least the first season. At some point after that, he only drove Furys through the rest of the series.
View attachment 1320736
Thanks, you posted another interesting thing I don’t recall – Ward in a ’59 Fury…with day boys later advertising ’60 Fords? Who knows some sort of ‘contract’ deals pre-arranged to commit to..

Ron - the more I think about it, I think he had Fords in ‘57 and ‘58, then onto the Furys. He had a new one each year - including a ‘60.
And of course, we know that one of the creators of the show was Bob Mosher Sr. - the father of the Bob Mosher - who creates the awesome Max Wedge and Hemi restorations and clones of the ‘62-‘65 cars.

Don’t know, did Ford sponsor the show in its first couple seasons? Have recollections of 61, 62 and 63 Plymouths as the family ride; but memory is foggy. If not, I’d think Chrysler would a been pissed. Looks like Ward might have preferred a bigger ride to squirm into, lol.
View attachment 1320192
I had one of those, fit me ok. 150 @ 6’ Now probably not..260. Dad bought it new in 62 became mine in 68

Last edited:
Most erotic thing ever said on 50’s and 60’s tv….

“Gee Ward, you were a little rough on the beaver last night”

Auto Transport Service
Back