• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too many google advertisements

gto64gto

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
I don't know what is happening to this web site. I was trying to read Last Weeks Most Popular Topics this morning and was blown away with the amount of google advertisements on each page, over and over again. When I went to this forum, I deleted 9 google advertisements on page I started post on. I have been a member for several years and have never seen any thing like this. I can understand some advertisements (even though I don't like or care for them) but this is TOO MUCH ! Is this a B Body Mopar Forum or a GOOGLE FORUM? I don't really care to use it as much as I used to do because of this. Has anyone else noticed this? There's way more on this site than any other I go to.

Become a gold member and all your problems will disappear.....

probably need an ad blocker......., but over 11 1/2 years, if you have gotten 50 dollars worth of knowledge and advice, gold is the way to go

I don't know what is happening to this web site. I was trying to read Last Weeks Most Popular Topics this morning and was blown away with the amount of google advertisements on each page, over and over again. When I went to this forum, I deleted 9 google advertisements on page I started post on. I have been a member for several years and have never seen any thing like this. I can understand some advertisements (even though I don't like or care for them) but this is TOO MUCH ! Is this a B Body Mopar Forum or a GOOGLE FORUM? I don't really care to use it as much as I used to do because of this. Has anyone else noticed this? There's way more on this site than any other I go to.
It will drive you crazier than a shithouse rat.

Do yourself a favor and look up uBlock Origin or another adblocker and get it installed. Period. End of story. This shouldn't even be a conversation in 2023. Look at these images without an adblocker installed and with an adblocker. Same page different results. One is filled with ads and will make your computer run like ****. The other ad free and makes you and your computer happy. This applies to ALL websites!

Without uBlock Origin installed. See all the ads??? And that's just part of them. They're all down the sidebar and bottom of page too.
View attachment 1578861

With uBlock Origin installed. Ads all gone!
View attachment 1578865

at least some of the ads have nice boobs

been a little more ads lately, wonder why the increase …

The last time you complained bitterly about this was around Thanksgiving.

I'm beginning to see a pattern forming.

been a little more ads lately, wonder why the increase …

Ads clicked on = money for website owner to pay bills. I get it. Running this site isn't free. I don't click on ads though and never have unless it was on accident. Also i don't like having advertisers and 3rd parties tracking my website usage across the internet and secretly growing a profile on my interests and making money off of me without my consent. This is why (for the most part) i block ads and trackers. Maybe i will get a membership one of these days.

Not trying to a wise guy here.
I would probably be a Gold member here,but its the prompting by to do so by punishment from excessive ads that keeps me
from joining.

3jov9h.jpg

Not just this site, but everywhere on the internet there's too many ads....
Hence the need for ad blockers.
Doesn't have to be anything fancy - plenty of free ones out there.

Not just this site, but everywhere on the internet there's too many ads....
Hence the need for ad blockers.
Doesn't have to be anything fancy - plenty of free ones out there.

And some sites are so loaded with ads, trackers, and other crap that they bog your computer down to the point of being abusive. I'm sure lots of you hear your laptop fan go ape **** when you open certain websites. That's what it's from.

Auto Transport Service
Back