• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tools Explained

anvil-3ton_640.jpg
riding-the-rocket.jpg

always wanted to become a blacksmith not enough money around here unless I became a Farrier doing horse` s most of my friends that became a blacksmith shoeing horses are dead or crippled :(

I made this in 8th-grade shop class. My first taste of working metal.

IMG_0423 (Large).JPG

Since anvils were brought up, if any of you guys ever wondered about my location being "The Red Anvil Dog House" below is why my shop is named that.
This was my great grandfather's 120 pounder. I made the stand and the top and bottom plates have 6 sticks of 1/2' rebar running through the pipe connecting them. The pipe is filled with concrete.
The stand weighs about 150 pounds. Every shop needs a good spot to beat the **** out of things.
Anvil.JPG

Last edited:
Anvils are cool. They can be a workhorse in the shop and take a day off for entertainment then back in the shop to work again.

Anvils are cool. They can be a workhorse in the shop and take a day off for entertainment then back in the shop to work again.

I remember my grandfather saying how they used to "ring" anvils on the 4th of July. They would pack the bottom hole of the anvil with gunpowder while it was on it's stand then light it. It would make the anvil ring like a bell. He said on the 4th you could hear them ringing across the countryside from all the farms. They didn't have fireworks, they rang anvils.

Since anvils were brought up, if any of you guys ever wondered about my location being "The Red Anvil Dog House" below is why my shop is named that.
This was my great grandfather's 120 pounder. I made the stand and the top and bottom plates have 6 sticks of 1/2' rebar running through the pipe connecting them. The pipe is filled with concrete.
The stand weighs about 150 pounds. Every shop needs a good spot to beat the **** out of things.
View attachment 551290

Oh I thought you lived in one of these.:thumbsup:

dog.JPG

Acme_anvil.gif

Wile E. Coyote tested. It is always heavy. It will always fall on demand.

Auto Transport Service
Back