• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tools Explained

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
14199695_615601111953178_5852910248940238754_n.jpg

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to further round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to further round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

You are correct sir!! That is what happens!!

How about the wrenches you conveniently use to get bloody knuckles.......

Utility knife
it's just a nice convenient way to slice your hand,
fingers, arm or leg open & visit the candy strippers @ the ER

I wish I could recall all of the ways I have improperly used tools to my disadvantage. But sometimes you do get the job done, torn skin & all.

(Not mine)

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans rust off old bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls and hard-earned guitar calluses in about the time it takes you to say, "Ouc...."

Screwdriver a pointed tool sometimes used to impale ones hand when holding it in one hand and a object to be used on in your other.
Over the years I have stabbed my palm several times.

THAT IS SO DARN FUNNY AND TRUE!

(Not mine)

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans rust off old bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls and hard-earned guitar calluses in about the time it takes you to say, "Ouc...."

This "Thread" just made my day!
Thanks guys

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned guitar calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, "Ouch...."

TWEEZERS: A tool for removing wire wheel wires.

Electric cut off tool. Used primarily to cut off rusty bolts, or cut metal to size when fabricating. Secondarily it's handy at bouncing off the work, and catching the operators digits. Yeah, three times to be exact over the past ten years. First time it took a chip out of the bone, in my right thumb, three stitches. A couple of years ago, I hit the same thumb, right on the same scare location. It looks kinda like a lazy printing capitol "L". I tell the wife, when they find my body, they can use that as an identifier, if I'm some how mutilated beyond recognition.

And not to be forgotten. Chisel: A tool made for cutting metal. Keep the working end sharp, and it will serve you well. Don't worry about the striking end. It's mushrooms over like that all the time..... Trying to remove a race, that was frozen on a shaft. Blood all over the place. I know the tip of my thumb hurt like hell. I wrapped it up in gauze, and finished the job. Latter that night at home, took the gauzy off, and looked at the wound. You could see a gray looking foreign object deep inside the thumb. She tried to remove it with tweezers, which practically sent me through the roof. I took matters in hand, I used a large needle, and pried it out. It was a piece of the striking end of the chisel. About half the size of a 22 long rifle bullet, if it were cut lengthwise.

Utility knifes---They almost without exception are made with a way to hide the blade.
I suppose that is so one would not get nicked by it while it is at rest in the drawer.
A nick is one thing. When being used -with force- a slip will be a deep cut.

On one of the jobs I worked on they were not allowed (a no carry deal) without special permission from the safety department. A hazard analysis form had to be filled out and special cut free gloves were required.
I know all of this and used one to cut flooring I was putting down in my kitchen task. I cut my thumb and needed 6 stitches.---And this was before beer.---

Auto Transport Service
Back