• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 3 Greatest Guitarist Ever

ykf7b0

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
If you were to pick the best 3 guitarist who ever picked up the guitar, who would these 3 be? I’ll start; 1. Eddie Van Halen. 2. Roy Clark. 3. Ted Nugent

Last edited:
Favorite child?

Glenn Tipton
Dimebag Darrel
Gary Moore

Eddie or Dick Dale (it's a toss-up), Uncle Ted, Eric Clapton

It is a tough one - and I have no qualifications or enough exposure to rate any of them. But two I’ve seen in recent years that impressed me live were Steve Miller and Lindsey Buckingham. I’m sure a lot of the best with technical skills are studio and individual practitioners.

Last edited:
images (1) (16).jpeg

Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper) was a very good friend of Glen Campbell and ran into Eddie Van Halen at a show, Eddie asked if he (Vincent) could ask Glen to give him some guitar lessons. Many players consider Glen the best.

Everyone listed here is top of the line, I have to add 1 more that I never really never appreciated till I watched him play “while my guitar gently weeps” 2012 Rock & Roll hall of fame show, Prince.
(Google the video)

If you were to pick the best 3 guitarist who ever picked up the guitar, who would these 3 be? I’ll start; 1. Eddie Van Halen. 2. Roy Clark. 3. Ted Nugent
Roy Clark was good, but Glen Campbell was better. :lol:

One of my favourite clips....watch Roy's face.

Even Willie is impressed.

. Glen was Awsome but I’m still going with Roy.

Auto Transport Service
Back