• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Fuel Crankshaft

Rick62

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
I built a stroker wedge motor some years ago using a top fuel 4.5" stroke crankshaft. The motor has been sitting in my garage unused for years. I've finally decided to do something with it. There are modifications to the crank required to accommodate a torque converter. At the time, I contacted Keith Black racing and they sent me the instructions required to modify the crank along with an adapter ring. Unfortunately I lost the stuff they sent and I can't contact them as their website is no longer working. Does anyone know where I can find what I need to modify the crank? Thanks!!

Do you mean the instructions and/ or other things.

Do you mean the instructions and/ or other things.
The instructions included a drawing with machined dimensions and a stepped adapter ring. In need the dimensions and the dimensions for the adapter ring.

get a stock crank and some measuring tools and paper and pencil

We welded a washer on the flex plate to center the converter on our top fuel 8 bolt

We measured the torque converter knob... machined the proper hole size in the washer and bolted the flex plate to the converter..then welded the washer to the flex plate. Only the 8 bolts center flex plate, but its lasted 25 years now...no problem.

I found the paperwork and the ring but your method sounds much easier. Thanks Curious Yellow 71 !!!!

Since the washer is in between the flex plate and convertor, you can't do a lot of welding with it bolted on. But, you can do just enough to hold it in place and then unbolt it and finish welding it. Seems like you have to grind a little bit on the center of the crank flange so the convertor button doesnt interfere. It's not much but it will interfere if you dont add a little clearance.

Last edited:
I found the paperwork and the ring but your method sounds much easier. Thanks Curious Yellow 71 !!!!
Can you send me a copy of what you have? I have a KB crank that needs the same thing, Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back