• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top of Door Trim Clips

Stowe

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello I am looking of a source and a picture for top of door trim clips. I am looking for the clips that go on trim on upper door. Thanks

IMG_0879.JPG

The clip set referenced does not include the proper clips for the top door trim. I spoke with Rt specialities and they told me the top door clips are not reproduced.

The clip set referenced does not include the proper clips for the top door trim. I spoke with Rt specialities and they told me the top door clips are not reproduced.
Are you referring to the "plastic" clips or the end ones that are a bolt style? Or?

I did not think the piece of trim I am referring to used the bolt style clips . The very top of door trim by the side window I just remember there being some spring style clips .

I did not think the piece of trim I am referring to used the bolt style clips . The very top of door trim by the side window I just remember there being some spring style clips .
On the door, all the clips are these plastic style and on the ends there are a bolt style.

Can't find the picture of what the bolt ones look like but here is a picture on one of my parts cars of an original clip.
1708909890467.jpeg

Can't find the picture of what the bolt ones look like but here is a picture on one of my parts cars of an original clip.
Punch those pins out and carefully squeeze the tabs from the bottom and push it up and out. Mind you your temperatures might have made those clips to brittle to reuse.
On the door, all the clips are these plastic style and on the ends there are a bolt style.
The rear front fender molding should also use a bolt style. Some Ford products had the same size trim clips.

Punch those pins out and carefully squeeze the tabs from the bottom and push it up and out. Mind you your temperatures might have made those clips to brittle to reuse.

The rear front fender molding should also use a bolt style. Some Ford products had the same size trim clips.
Yeah, they are very ify. I have new ones if I need and a couple different original styles of the end bolt ones. My car has all the trim, just adding parts to my collection for the "Just In Case" scenario.

The very top of door trim by the side window I just remember there being some spring style clips .
Is this what you're asking about? These are top door moldings from a '66 Coronet 500. I would think Charger clips would be the same for a molding in that location. I don't know where to source replacements.

IMG_2662.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG

I got mine off eBay and they fit perfectly I just had to add the clay type stuff

8611FA97-9514-4840-A8EF-8EE7AE9A2409.png

Here is a picture of the bolt style attachment for the door trim moulding.

1708982633608.jpeg
1708984202980.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello,
I found a clip on a door in the pick and pull photos attached

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back