• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar support 71 charger

Moparkrazed

Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Wanted to get everyone opinion on this. I crawled under my car ( 1971 dodge charger with a ton of work left to do) and noticed the torsion bar support is rusted through on one side close to the rocker. AMD is sold out. Think it would be ok to make a patch panel and weld in there? I’ll be replacing the floor pans in the spring so probably a great time to knock that out.

If you can fab a piece or pieces between the rocker and the tube for the torsion bar then yes.

If you can fab a piece or pieces between the rocker and the tube for the torsion bar then yes.
Ok cool. That is what I was thinking. Should be a problem fabing it. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track and not missing something I should have been considering. Thanks for the feedback don.

You could send moparmarks a pm, he may have an original crossmember.

Thanks I’ll send him a message and see how far away he is. I appreciate you sending me his name.
He is in Colorado and has nice desert sheetmetal.

Last edited:
I do have a cross member and I might have an end piece that can be patched in. I'll check today.
Thanks moparmarks. I appreciate you checking. I can send a photo of what I have if that helps. The end part might be easier and cheaper to ship as I’m in South Carolina. Thanks again for reaching out!

Auto Transport Service
Back