• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tow my enclosed trailer with a motorhome?

Mostly State parks. Private parks usually don't such as KOA,Good Sam,etc.

As far as private RV parks I found some don't allow anything older than 10 years. I found this to be true for anything near Woodley park for Spring Fling some years back.

Is there a database to locate campgrounds with length restrictions?
Probably are, I don't know...
when I was still doing it the internet was an infant or sorts

today I'm sure there's an app/map or some GPS directory too

I used/use my AAA insurance 'planners'
but haven't tow much in a while now

Last edited:
I used a 2008 32 foot gas burner for 6 years towing all over the place chasing the NMCA points. The ford V10 with a banks kit works great.
I towed a 2001 pace shadow trailer with a heavy door car, 4 wheeler and a ton of parts, fuel and tools. Do not let folks talk you out of one.
I have also towed with diesel pushers. Is a big diesel better? Yes. Are the average diesels better in the long diesel chassis? nope. Not in the ones I have been in and traveled with.
It is all about rear overhang. Pay attention. If you can find a 32foot class A, the chassis is probably not extended. They tow great. If it has an extended chassis... you will need to do some work.

I will say we do have a diesel pusher now. Other than the mileage being better, I would not call it better than my old motorhome.

I used a 2008 32 foot gas burner for 6 years towing all over the place chasing the NMCA points. The ford V10 with a banks kit works great.
I towed a 2001 pace shadow trailer with a heavy door car, 4 wheeler and a ton of parts, fuel and tools. Do not let folks talk you out of one.
I have also towed with diesel pushers. Is a big diesel better? Yes. Are the average diesels better in the long diesel chassis? nope. Not in the ones I have been in and traveled with.
It is all about rear overhang. Pay attention. If you can find a 32foot class A, the chassis is probably not extended. They tow great. If it has an extended chassis... you will need to do some work.

I will say we do have a diesel pusher now. Other than the mileage being better, I would not call it better than my old motorhome.
I think a 32 is what I would need, as the 30 ft units don't have the higher rated chassis. I work at a Chev dealership (sorry guys) but have always raced Mopars. So was still thinking of an 8.1 if going gas. The majority of the folks here say diesel, but if I go out 6 or 8 times a summer and don't go any farther than Iowa I think an 8.1 would fit my needs. Some of the 8.1's I see used seem nice with fairly low miles. It will be good for my old bones at the track!

I'm towing with a 30' with a v-10 ford. What Banks kit did you use, and where did it help? Meaning did it pickup just power or mileage also?

I did find a 30foot with a workhorse w22 chassis rated enough to pull my trailer. Empty weight for the 30 was less than a 32 but GCWR was still high enough that it gave me the chance to not max out the GCWR. Figure I will put a class 4 hitch receiver on it and hope to talk to some places to make sure that will work. Probably use a weight distribution hitch too. I am considering putting on a rear track bar to help. Trying to make it safe as possible, many hours researching things.

I'm towing with a 30' with a v-10 ford. What Banks kit did you use, and where did it help? Meaning did it pickup just power or mileage also?

Banks power pack.
The transmission quit hunting and shifting up and down, te mileage got a little better and the overall performance was better.

I found what you need :)
Neighbor was a racer. About 5 years ago got hit by a car on his bicycle. BAD.
They sold this rig on Monday.

IMG_0007.JPG

Banks power pack.
The transmission quit hunting and shifting up and down, te mileage got a little better and the overall performance was better.

Interesting, that much difference with the exhaust and the Cold air intake system, that's something I'm going to look into.
Did you get the trans command also?

Thanks for your help.

Auto Transport Service
Back