• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TR6060 speed sensor

noblegtxman

Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm doing a hellcat/TR6060 swap in a 69 gtx. The transmission that I have doesn't have a speed sensor in it. Very little info in this, but I see that dodge gets the reading from the abs sensor at the wheel. I found a company in Australia (Malex) building a reluctor wheel/adapter setup at the rear of the trans. I already have a sonnax adapter and don't really like the 3 bolt mounting of the malex one.
Does anyone know a good way to get a speed sensor set up on one of these? I have dakota digital gauges already that I want to still use.
Thanks

Is the sensor for the EFI or speedometer?

Maybe? That's what I'm asking. What are the options that will make the speedo work with dakota digital gauges.
Well a quick google search says that a DD will work with a GPS speedo with their adapter (GPS- 50-2). I have a DD cluster going into my 71 Charger and from what I remember it will work with about any speedo system.

Well a quick google search says that a DD will work with a GPS speedo with their adapter (GPS- 50-2). I have a DD cluster going into my 71 Charger and from what I remember it will work with about any speedo system.
That looks like it will work perfectly. Thank you

I have the DD VHX cluster with the 50-2 GPS speedo BIM for my TR6060. To be honest, I don't love the GPS speedo. I feel like its a bit laggy, and often looses GPS signal. Granted, some (probably most) of this is likely from the mounting location (inside the glovebox) without an external antenna. I ordered the antenna but have not put it in yet. More to come on that. But if you do go this route, go ahead and get the remote antenna right away. Seems to be kind of useless without, and no matter where you put it, unless directly on top of your dash, its going to have some amount of metal blocking the acquisition. If I were in the planning phase again I would have done a hall effect sensor on the pinion yoke for a speed sensor.

I have the DD VHX cluster with the 50-2 GPS speedo BIM for my TR6060. To be honest, I don't love the GPS speedo. I feel like its a bit laggy, and often looses GPS signal. Granted, some (probably most) of this is likely from the mounting location (inside the glovebox) without an external antenna. I ordered the antenna but have not put it in yet. More to come on that. But if you do go this route, go ahead and get the remote antenna right away. Seems to be kind of useless without, and no matter where you put it, unless directly on top of your dash, its going to have some amount of metal blocking the acquisition. If I were in the planning phase again I would have done a hall effect sensor on the pinion yoke for a speed sensor.
Thanks for the info. I was planning on using their cruise control feature too, so I will be getting the antenna. I have a dash mat on my dash, so I'll prob hide the antenna under that somewhere.

Hopefully the external antenna makes it more reliable, maybe someone else has more input on that. As it is now without it.. I would be terrified of using that signal to control my speed haha.

Are you planning on using the CRS-3000 cable operated TB kit or the CRC-2000 DBW GM LS kit? I didn't know it could be adapted to work with a Mopar DBW throttle body.

Hopefully the external antenna makes it more reliable, maybe someone else has more input on that. As it is now without it.. I would be terrified of using that signal to control my speed haha.

Are you planning on using the CRS-3000 cable operated TB kit or the CRC-2000 DBW GM LS kit? I didn't know it could be adapted to work with a Mopar DBW throttle body.
I was looking at the dak-600041 antenna to go with the 50-2 speedo. Then add the CAN controller to gauges.

Update - installed the remote GPS antenna with it located on top the dash. Night and day... faith in my speedometer has been restored. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back