• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission Dip Stick

Stucat

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Good morning all, I have a 70 Hemi with 727. This is not a personal question, but you can still post your puns, i can take ! am 70. I can't seam to find my dipstick for the tranny. My 66 one i have won't go all they way in. Must bottom out and about 1/2" sticks out. Can Someone measure their stick and send me a picture. Boy that's a loaded question and NO **** please. Thanks and be safe

Its 18 1/4"from tip to cap and has about 1 1/4" to the twist. Its one I found in another tranny.It won't slide all the way till the cap, stops about 3/4" from cap

My 727 on my 70 Charger is connected to a 383 Magnum. Not sure if it makes a difference?? Might be different to allow for different angles around the elephant?? But I would have thought it would have been longer?

727 diptick.JPG

Just checked the part book. Two different part numbers. So sorry my picture is no use to you.
727 wo 426 engine 2466-302
with 426 engine 2538-849

Do\ you have a pic you could send me, how much do u need to get for it. I might just buy it to try it. thanks Stuart

Will I guess I will get a few out of the salvage yard and make them. thanks for your help

Auto Transport Service
Back